one

TASTING THE SALTY CHIPS, in my mouth I stared ahead while waiting to arrive at the destination

TASTING THE SALTY CHIPS, in my mouth I stared ahead while waiting to arrive at the destination. I was bored out of my mind; I've been sitting here for almost an hour. Looking down at my freshly painted nails that I just painted a few minutes ago, I leaned back in my chair and turned to the Guardians.

"How much longer?" I complained while stuffing chips into my mouth.

"Stop complaining, Arielle. Mantis turn on my playlist," Quill replied while in the front of the ship.

Mantis obeyed and this made me roll my eyes. I just wanted to know how much longer will it take for us to be there. Looking at my nails, I started to chip the nail polish off of my fingers.

Quill's music started to play throughout the ship. He started to sing to the words of the song, while Gamora mouthed the words to herself. I heard this song a couple of times already making me sigh in return.

"Sing it Drax!" Quill said towards him.

I didn't hear anything from Drax, making me turn my head to look at Drax who was asleep in his chair.

"He's asleep, dumbass," I told Quill while I was digging into my bag of chips. I frowned at the bag seeing it empty. I started to roll up the empty bag chips in my hand into a small ball.

Quill turned around to meet my eyes which I just smirked seeing his reaction to my choice of words. I threw the bag that was shaped into a ball at Quill hitting his head causing me to softly laugh to myself.

"First of all, I thought we agreed that we wouldn't throw things."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I say a lot of things that I don't mean."

"Second, Arielle, watch your language. Gamora help me out?" Peter asked, turning to Gamora for her input.

"Arielle, stop cussing please. You are a bad influence on Groot," Gamora pleaded for this conversation to be over.

My eyes widened hearing that comment, "me? We have a raccoon who can't go an hour without cussing."

"She does have a point."

I pushed my hair away from my face and slumped back into my seat. Glancing at my chipped fingernails my eyes go towards a ring that is placed at my finger.

Touching the ring, I started to feel goosebumps all over my skin. I actually hate wearing jewelry, but this ring is the only exception. It's gold with a small emerald in the middle–it looks like a family heirloom. This is the last thing I have of my parents before Thanos took me away from them.

I have telekinesis, but on a higher level than anyone has seen before. Some people in the Galaxy say that the power within me should have killed me, but unfortunately I'm still here.

Thanos saw how powerful I am and sent Nebula and Gamora to get me. Nebula and Gamora couldn't bare to kill my parents so my sisters offered them a deal. They would let them live and I will be safe in return for them to not speak a word or else their life's including mine would be at risk.