seven

I WOKE UP CATCHING MY breath breath and falling to the floor

I WOKE UP CATCHING MY breath breath and falling to the floor. I looked around at my surroundings and recognized that I was at a planet that I was at last time.

Titian.

Standing up and dusting myself off, I looked around and saw Quill, Drax, and Mantis making me sigh in relief. Mantis saw me from afar, and pointed to me having them turn around with relief on their faces also.

"Arielle!" Drax announced excitedly as they ran to me and gave me a huge hug.

"What happened?" I asked in confusion as they pulled away from me hugging them.

"We turned into dust," Mantis answered my question.

Quill came up to me, having me remember what we said the last time when we saw each other. We shouldn't have left on a bad note–it was childish.

I looked up at him and felt my shoulders dip when I felt him give me another hug. "I'm sorry for saying that stuff to you. I was angry, and you didn't deserve it. You have always been a little sister to me," Quill said, pulling away from our hug.

"I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have said or done those things to you." I apologized as well for my actions.

A portal showed up behind us making us turn around and saw Doctor Strange walking through a portal. I was confused remembering how he was dusted, but yet here he is jumping from portal to portal.

"Hey–what's happening?" Quill asked him.

"They need us. I don't have a lot of time to explain. I'm going to open a portal leading us into the battle."

My eyebrows creased making me speak up, "battle? I thought we lost."

Doctor Strange shook his head, "we have one more chance. Where's the kid?"

I looked around Titian to find it empty, "Peter? I don't know, I thought he survived," I answered truthfully. Getting flashbacks of how Peter took care of me until I dusted made me get butterflies in my stomach again. I hope he's okay.

Mantis tapped on my shoulder making me turn around to see him walking towards us. I felt my heart starting to melt as he came closer to us. I went towards him with a soft smile displayed on my lips knowing that he survived. I wrapped my arms around his neck while I felt him wrap his arms around my body.

"You're okay," Peter said while holding me towards his chest.

I nodded against his chest, "so are you." Feeling the weight off of my shoulders knowing that he is okay.

We pulled away, but Peter still held me in his arms while I had my arms hooked around his neck. I looked at his soft brown eyes and he moved forward making him plant his lips on my temple. Not expecting that, I looked away from him to avoid him seeing my cheeks turn a bright red.

I heard Quill groan behind me, "really? Right when I come back to life."

I chuckled at Quill's comment and removed myself from Peter's body to walk towards the team. Peter grabbed my hand, but let go of it, making me turn towards him.