three

SITTING ON THE LOWER deck, I was fixing the laces of my boots

SITTING ON THE LOWER deck, I was fixing the laces of my boots. We arrived at Knowhere a couple of minutes ago, making everyone on the ship get the things we need in case we run into Thanos.

I was getting nervous about running into my father. Would he have emotions that I left or be angry at me? I let the negative thoughts leave my head when I heard footsteps behind me, I turned around to see the whole team ready.

"What are you doing?" I asked when I saw Quill grabbing more weapons even though there wasn't enough room for any more weapons on his belt.

"To kill Thanos? Were you not listening when that God was talking," Quill remarked at me.

I rolled my eyes ignoring his attitude, "you are just jealous at the fact that a handsome stranger took Rocket and Groot."

"Oh! So you did pay attention," Quill replied, putting back the weapons when he realized that he didn't have enough room for them. "Don't call him handsome, he was average looking."

I shook my head in disagreement and walked towards the exit next to Mantis. Looking at Knowhere it was weird seeing it empty, but I just ignored the red flag.

I felt someone pull me back to the ship, looking towards who's arm belong too. I got stopped by Gamora. Gamora looked at me and sighed, "it's best, if you stay here."

I shook my head immediately and tried to get past my sister, "I'll be fine."

"Arielle, I know something that dad doesn't," Gamora started quickly gaining my attention. Gamora continued, "I don't want him to get you and have you suffer when it was my doing."

"What do you know? Does Nebula know?" I asked her curiously wanting to know more.

Gamora sighed again, "I can't tell you."

I crossed my arms stubbornly.

"If you come into contact of Thanos," Gamora said slowly, reaching for my arms. Gamora held my hands and looked at me, "I want you to unleash your power, Arielle. Don't hold back okay?"

I felt like my breath got caught in my throat with the mention of my powers. "You know what happened the last time I used them, Gamora. I don't want—"

"No, don't let the past haunt you, you understand? This time will be different I promise."

I looked down at my hands and slowly nodded at Gamora, "fine, I will."

Gamora nodded in agreement, "we will be back."

I followed Gamora towards the exit door and saw the team walk towards Knowhere. I bit the inside of my cheek wanting to join them, but instead I reached to close the door and went up towards the upper deck. It was rare for me to have the ship to myself. I took this time to get cozy in my seat, and I felt my eyelids start to get heavy. I was slowly surrounded by darkness and the interior lights of the ship.