Chapter 21

The room is full of the noise of girls chatting and giggling. I would be sitting in the mandap half an hour from now and get married to Gautham.

My make up is done now and while we are sitting in the room, my brother walks inside. "Everyone except Neha come outside. Why are you all just seated here? There are so much work to do outside." As soon as he orders them, everyone reluctantly gets up and leaves. He, then, walks towards me. "You look beautiful, idiot." With that he is out and I'm left alone.

I had been waiting to be left alone for so long. I had a plan which I couldn't execute in the presence of my million relatives. I get up, lock the door and take my phone out.

"Hello, Gautham?" I whisper into the phone, conscious if someone would hear it.

"Hey, is everything okay? You are calling me now." He asks, sounding concerned.

"I wanted to tell you something before we get married."

"What is it?" He asks me.

"I love you, Gautham." With that I disconnect the call.

This was the special moment I always had in my mind.

*
Everything goes by in a rush. It all felt like those movie scenes where the hero and the heroine will get married within a song. It really felt like that. No, not in the terms of feels, but in the terms of the duration.

Gautham's first reaction upon seeing me was the most priceless moment of my life. He was taken aback by two facts- we were getting married already and also that I confessed my love for him. He also looked a bit dejected about the fact that he couldn't do anything about the second one now, since all the eyes were on us.

We were sitting next to each other and doing everything that the priest had been asking us to do.

Now it was the time to go around the fire. As soon as that was over as well, Gautham was asked to tie the Mangalsutra around my neck and he did.

Bam! I got married.

I felt like everything happened so fast. Not agreeing to the marriage, then agreeing, meeting Gautham, going on dates, falling for him, Sonakshi, the kiss, everything. Now, all the excitement I had within me was gone and I was left wishing that maybe things could've happened slower.

I look over at Gautham who is busy placing the Sindoor on my forehead. He looks so happy. I look around at everyone around us. They all seem so elated and my mom genuinely looks as if she is going to burst into tears out of happiness. Looking at all of this makes me smile.

We were officially declared married and as soon as we stood up, Gautham kissed my cheek. He did it so discreetly that I did not see it coming. All of our relatives either mock him or shout at him. "What? She is my wife now." He retorts back, defensively. I just laugh at him.

Before he gets another earful from our relatives, we are pulled away by the photographer for getting some more photos clicked.

*

We are currently back to the same way the day began - sitting in my room. But this time, we are packing my bags.

"Guys, I have an announcement to make." Sister-in-law says, standing up abruptly.

"Go ahead."

"Guys, I am expecting." She tells and immediately she is engulfed into group hugs. She also gets a kiss in her forehead from my brother. I smile at the sight.

Soon, lots of conversations and congratulations are exchanged and it takes about five minutes for everyone else to realise that I already knew about it.

I shoot them a smirk feeling smug. "How did Neha alone know about it?" She is asked different versions of the same question.

"Well, you see, I am Bhabi's most favourite person and she can't keep anything from me." I tell them.

"No guys, I did not want to steal Neha's spotlight. I promised Neha that I would make the announcement as soon as her wedding is over."

It takes a little more time for all the excitement to die down. Once all the packing is done, the feeling of dread settles in my stomach.

Ever since I watched Hum Apke Hai Kaun, I was always dreading this exact moment. Due to all the pomp and excitement of the wedding, this fear did not spark up from time to time. However, since the wedding and all is over now, the dread peeps on me and I immediately feel my eyes welling with tears.

God, I hate crying in front of people. I immediately dab my eyes with a handkerchief I found in front of me. However, my gesture didn't go by unnoticed. Soon, I am pulled into a hug.

Some get emotional while the others try to cheer me up.

Now, it was officially the time for me to leave to Gautham's home. All of my family and also that of Gautham's was standing around as I bid my parents farewell. My mother straight up cried and hugged me. But, my dad hugged me and kissed my hair just the way he always did.

Everyone console me and as the time passes by, I realise that I indeed have to leave. When I get into the car and wave at all of them, a fresh wave of tears embraces me. Gautham squeezes my hand, reassuringly. As the car slowly moves away, I wipe at my eyes.

That was indeed dreadful.

Hello. So I am back. First of all, thank you sooooooooooo much for the 5.12K reads. It's a really special thing for me because when I was new to wattpad I read a book where the author thanked everyone as soon as she hit 5K reads. She said getting 5K reads on her book was a part of her bucket-list. Since that was a bucket list phase for me too, I added that to my list. But, I soon cut the 5K and replaced it with 2.5K because I felt that I won't get 5K reads ever. Even 2.5K reads seemed pretty surreal for me.

Thank you all for giving this book a chance.

Secondly, this book is actually supposed to end here. But, since kirthimaheshnagpal requested, I will be writing 5 more chapters about what will happen to Neha and Gautham after marriage.

Also a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to bhanupriyasodha for helping me with all the pre-wedding rituals.

I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as I can.