Chapter 24

"Bye, Chachi." I knelt down so that Aaryan could hug me. Both of us have grown pretty close in these two days and it reached a point where he refused to even go to anyone else. I'd grown too close to the little fellow and I actually feel some tears forming in the back of my eyes. I always had a bonding with kids and Aaryan was one of the first people I'd gotten closen too, here.

I face the ceiling to dry my eyes before anyone notices me getting all emo. Once Aaryan lets go off the hug, I raise my cheek towards him demanding a kiss from him. He immediately kisses my cheek and gets into his car, excited to go back home.

I feel him. I'd be excited to go back to my home too. I never appreciated my home enough nor the things in it. It was always a safe place but I never realised how everything in there was designed to my liking. It's not the same here. The people here are nice and all but still, unlike my Mom, they don't ask me what food I'd like to eat. Neither can I protest if the food is not to be liking. Of course, I kept talking to my parents over phone. But, it'll never be the same as before.

I am cut off my thoughts when one of Gautham's cousin sister hugs me. Her name is Ashmitha and she also happens to be Aaryan's mother. She was one of the adults involved in the 'wardrobe incident'. She took an instant liking to me after that (for some weird reason) and we both hit it off soon.

Why is everyone bidding farewell or hugging someone? Well, you see, all of Gautham's relatives are leaving back to their homes today. Some of them had already left and others are in the process of leaving. Though the first few moments seemed highly awkward between all of them and me, things became quite normal and even fun. Yesterday night we were having a fun time playing Antakshari and all. There were other games too. I gladly participated in everything.

Except hide and seek. I have had enough of that game to last a lifetime.

Soon, all the cars drive away and we look at their retreating cars until they disappear.

This family was a very tight-knit family, almost like ours. But it did not feel the same. I always felt like a third person even though none of them treated me like one. I was the youngest one in my family and it always carried it's perks. I was always forgiven, loved and even everyone's pet. Everyone still treated me like I was a child who couldn't properly take care of herself.

Here, I was treated as a rational adult.

We all walk into our home after that and suddenly the home feels empty. Except the room Gautham and I share, all the rooms were crowded all the time. I didn't even get a proper look at the house completely. Before I could do that, I was always ushered by some relative who stirred up a conversation with me.

Just as Gautham's mom and dad left to their room, I tiptoe and take a look at all the uncleaned dishes placed near the sink, contemplating whether I should wash them or not.

Funny. I wouldn't even wash my own plate back at home until my mother shouted at me.

Suddenly, I was tugged and roughly pushed against a wall. My heart beat fastens because of the sudden unexpected move which scared the living daylights out of me. I snap up my neck to find myself cornered by Gautham with both his arms parallel to my neck in such a way that I can't escape from his grip. I giggle and push him away.

But, he doesn't budge. He stares into my intently with this teasing look in his eyes- the one he had when both of us kissed. I knew where this was going and I tried reasoning with him.

"Your Mom and dad might come out of their room anytime. Step. Back." I tell him, my voice just above a whisper.

"Why?" He asks, leaning further in.

"You want them to walk in on both of us standing like this?"

"I don't care." He whispers. By now, I could feel his breath fan my face.

"Gautham....." I drag out his name, hoping that would set him straight and away from his dirty thoughts. While he still doesn't budge, I use my convincing skills harder this time. "We are going on our honeymoon tomorrow. Just wait for a day. I don't want to be caught doing something embarrassing like the one with the closet." I tell him, placing my hands on his chest to push him away. The beating of his heart matches my own.

It was true. Gautham and I were leaving on our honeymoon tomorrow. It would be lasting for a week and once we return, I get a day to rest and I'd continue my job.

"I have waited long enough, Neha." He told me. There was something about the way he kept speaking. Something about his voice. Everytime he spoke, I felt my breath being caught.

As a million thoughts hover over my mind, I don't know what to do. One part of me choses Gautham and the other doesn't want me to lose my dignity.

Before I could process something, Gautham steals my mind of it's capability to think by giving it a shot of drug.

The drug was called kissing.

As soon as he kissed me, it suddenly felt like it didn't even matter if we were caught or something. Gautham was right. We have waited long enough and one day wasn't going to make much of a difference anyway, atleast to us it won't.

Gautham deepens the kiss and suddenly the sound of a door being clicked open, gave us back our senses that our hormones had robbed. It was the door of Gautham's parents room and though none of them had seen anything, it was a very close shot. Embarassed, I pushed him with all my strength and ran towards my room. I locked the door shut and leaned against it in a sitting position.

With that, I began laughing. I laughed like there was no tomorrow. Even though there was nothing remotely funny, it still made me laugh. That was too close. Soon my laughter was joined by a voice that belonged to Gautham. I realised that he had been leaning against the other side of the door and laughed.

Suddenly, my laughter did not seem so meaningless. It had an emotion that accompanied it. It was called love.

Oh, the crazy things it makes us do.

Hello guys, I'm back. Here's your update and also sorry for a late one.

Also I have another important announcement to make. There is officially only one more chapter and with that this book will come to an end.

I don't know when I'll be able to post the last chapter but I'll definitely post it by this week.

So until then, please bear with me.

*Sending you all virtual hugs for being the best*