Chapter 22

Suhagraat.

This will forever be the most awkward moment in anyone's life. Like let's say for example, you guys literally dragged me away from my home. Now that we are here, you guys keep teasing me as if I asked for it. To top it off, I'm feeling really exhausted.

However, I was able to successfully maneur around all of that. Now I'm sitting in Gautham's bed, rather uncomfortably might I add, with these really heavy clothes and jewels. My phone came to my rescue as I stroll across Instagram. There were many pictures with me tagged in it and I realised that they were all pictures taken during the wedding.

As I carry on my crusade with my phone, the door is suddenly opened and Gautham is literally pushed inside. I keep my phone aside and stare at him. He gives me a sheepish expression and walks towards me.

He sits next to me. What does he do next? Laughs at my face like there is no tomorrow. I stare at him and give him an 'are-you-for-real' look. He continues laughing for a very long time.

"Why are you wearing so much make-up?" He asks in between laughs.

I crack a smile at him.

"What can I say? Everybody was pretty much insistent on dolling me up irrespective of the fact that all I wanted to do was sleep for eternity." I tell him, stiffling a yawn.

"Let's sleep. I'm very tired." He tells me and creates enough space for the two of  us to sleep comfortably.

"In these clothes? I'd rather die. Do you have any idea how much these weigh?" I ask him.

"Get changed, idiot." He tells me.

I listen to his words. "Fine."

I remove my bangles and place them down on the bed. This takes some time because I had to remove them one by one. While I do this, Gautham helps in getting everything on my neck off. Once both are done, I remove my earrings which were too heavy.

"Feeling free now?" He asks me.

"Um, no. My hair has way too much stuffs on it." I tell him and begin to remove my braided hair. There were millions of pins slid down there and it took me forever to remove them away. Once my hair is set free, I tie it up into a bun.

"Phew. You have no idea how relieved I'm feeling now, Gautham."

"Change your dress too. I'm sure you'll be feeling better than what you are feeling right now." He tells me.

"I agree with you. But, all of my bags are in the guest room. So, I guess I'm stuck with these clothes." I sigh, dejectedly.

"Don't worry. Hang on." He gets up from the bed and walks towards his cupboard. After rummaging through it for some time, he finally pulls out a tee-shirt and shorts. "Wear this."

I thank him and stand there awkwardly. How can I change if he's still there?

"Get changed in the restroom. I'll get changed here." He tells me and points his finger towards the restroom in his room. I nod at him and go to the restroom to get changed.

Once I am back, I notice that he has changed and he is now currently engaged in the process of carrying all my jewels that I had placed on the bed  towards the dressing table.

Aww.

I carry the dress I was previously wearing and place it on a chair adjacent to the bed.

Once done, Gautham lays down on the bed. I follow him and end up lying down next to him.

"Hey, before you sleep, I want to take a pic." I tell him.

"Now? We could have taken one while you were wearing so much make-up." He laughs again. I glare at him and it effectively shuts him up.

"We are taking one now." I take my phone from the bedside table and get the picture taken. While I get the second picture, he pulls one strand of my hair and places it between his nose and mouth as if sporting a moustache. I grin at him and the picture gets clicked.

"If you had your photo session done, can we please go to sleep? I'm feeling really tired." He yawns.

"Sure. Good night."

"Good night, biwi." With that, he switches the light off.

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep,  the light is switched on again.

"Hey, Neha?" Gautham calls out to me.

"Hmm?" I ask him, my voice getting muffled by the pillow.

"What did you tell me right before we got married?" He asks me.

I knew that he would ask about it.

"Well, I guess you'll never find out." I tell him. He rolls over to my side and places his cheek on mine.

"Please?" He asks me, once again.

"No." I tell him. He kisses my cheek and goes back to his side, switching the light off.

He gave up so easily.

"Hey, Gautham?" I call out to him.

He just turns to my side without making any noise.

"I love you."

He just chuckles and grabs my hand. He pulls it further up and kisses it.

"I love you too, Neha."

"Good night, Gautham." I tell him, satisfied. I had told what I wanted to say and I have heard what I wanted to hear.

"Good night, Neha."

We just held each other and slept.

Some moments in our life are beyond perfect. This moment was one of them.