Epilogue (Part 2)

#ILWTGEpilogue Part 2

"You know what? Your cousin was right... your family is crazy," she said after I told her about my abuela's condition for her to help us find Ellie.

"You're right; I'm sorry," I told her. "I'll think of some other solution."

There's no way they'd let Millie run around telling people that Ellie's an illegitimate Gomez de Liaño... That already happened to Cindy and abuela hated that. This family's known to be quite religious... and having an illegitimate child would never sit well with them.

"I'm sorry for asking you to marry me."

She stopped and faced me. "You know that's not what I meant, right?" she asked, looking me in the eye. "Yago..." she called my name. I couldn't help but smile. For years, all I ever really wanted was for her to be this near again. But I thought it was impossible. I talked to a lot of people asking them how to get rid of that fucking video, but all of them told me the same thing Addie told me—that what gets uploaded in the Internet stays in the Internet forever.

And I couldn't risk it.

But Rory... I still couldn't believe what she did to Millie.

"Of course I wanna marry you," she said, cupping my face. "But not like that. Not because they want us to."

I nodded. "I understand—"

"No, you don't," she cut me off. She smiled at me as she carressed my cheek. "You wanna know one of the things I learned?" she asked. I merely nodded. "It's hitting two birds with one stone."

"Yeah?"

She nodded and smiled. "I wanna marry you... because I want to... not because your grandma told me to..." she said. "And... Coincidentally, if that would help us locate Ellie, then I consider that as a happy coincidence... don't you think?"

Agad na kumunot ang noo ko. "What—"

"Let's get married."

I felt my throat drying up. "For real?"

She nodded. "I know someone from the city hall who'd help us speed up the process."

"Wait... ngayon na?"

She nodded. "Yeah," she said like I just asked a stupid question. "We don't know what Millie's thinking. If getting married means your family helping us, then I say let's do it."

Hindi ako maka-galaw. Was she serious?

"Did you drink?"

Natawa siya. "Baliw. Hindi."

"Then why are you acting like you're drunk?"

"Because..." she said, planting a kiss on my lips. "This is where we're supposed to end up in, Yago. Kahit saan pa tayo mapunta, kahit ano pa ang mangyari, dito at dito rin tayo babagsak. So, why fight destiny?"

"That's it?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

"Really?"

She nodded again. "In our line of work, our life is always on danger... Who knows if we'd die tomorrow? I just wanna do everything I want today so that if I'd die tomorrow, I'd die without regrets."

This was very confusing.

"Call Jax," she said, but later on contradicted herself by saying, "Shit, he's busy with Katherine's case."

"Are we really going to get married now?"

"Ayaw mo ba?"

"Of course I want to."