Chapter 4

"Are you better on offense or defense, Ojiro-kun?", I inquired. "Because my quirk is pretty worthless on defense."

"I guess I can stay with the weapon", Ojiro replied. "I'm pretty good on defense."

"I'll try to capture our opponents while they're on their way to you", I suggested. "I'm pretty stealthy, so I think I can sneak up on them. If anything goes wrong I'll let you know through the earpiece."

Ojiro nodded and we split up. My tail swished from left to right as I tried to listen to my surroundings. I tensed up when I heard something.

What on earth...

I gasped when ice came my way in a split second, expanding over the floor and freezing my feet to the ground. I frantically looked around and tried to move, but it was no use. I also tried taking my shoes off, but the ice was packed around my feet too tightly.

I stopped struggling when I heard approaching footsteps. I hid my capturing tape behind my back and waited. A few seconds later Todoroki nonchalantly strolled my way. He didn't spare me a second glance as he went to walk past me, which agitated me.

I expanded my tail and held it low to the ground, making Todoroki lose his balance when he tripped over it. Since I couldn't move my feet, I created a mana sword from the palm of my hand. I grimaced as I swung it, the dark red blade whizzing through Todoroki's neck. His eyes widened as he fell forward, his hands reaching for his throat. I quickly used my tail to wrap a piece of capturing tape around his leg.

"Captured", I said in a low tone. "Don't underestimate me, Todoroki."

The dual-haired male coughed, his fingers rubbing at his unscathed throat. He didn't bother getting up, as he'd been captured anyway, but went to sit against the wall while still coughing.

I grinned. The blades I could create were pretty cruel when I thought about them that way. I could create them two ways. Either as actual blades that could cut through nearly anything, or as what I referred to as 'mana swords', which were blades that didn't do any actual damage, but made it feel like you were damaged. For example, what Todoroki was feeling was probably similar to what it would feel like if his head was actually cut off, while in reality there was nothing wrong with him.

I let my sword disappear and started hacking at the ice around my feet with my tail, but it was too sturdy and I could only chip away tiny pieces. Todoroki coughed again and moved his hand up to his earpiece.

"Shoji", he began in a raspy voice. "Avoid the western hallway and get the weapon. Ojiro should be immobilized, just make sure he doesn't capture you."

My eyes widened and I moved my hand up to my own earpiece. "Ojiro-kun, Shoji is on his way to get the weapon", I warned. "I can't move, but I managed to take Todoroki out."

"Understood", Ojiro answered. "I'll see what I can do, but I'm also stuck."

I nodded to myself.

"I wouldn't move too much if I were him", Todoroki said. "Fighting without soles on his feet can't be very pleasant."

I gritted my teeth but didn't say anything. I admitted my defeat since I couldn't move, and I doubted Ojiro was doing any better.

"Hero team wins!", All Might's voice sounded through the speakers a minute later.

"You did well", Todoroki said as he got up. "I didn't expect you to do anything."

I was about to answer him, but I quickly shut my mouth when he touched the wall and it started steaming. I looked around to see the ice melting. When I looked down at my feet my shoes were soaked, but free.