35: Bubble Boys

Y/N's POV
•••
(Y/s/n: your son's name)
•••
My feet grazed upon the stairs.
Another dreadful day it was.
From sunrise to sunset at the same old office, sitting at the same old desk; I dreamed of coming home to my family.
My small, new family.
It was oddly silent as I tiptoed into y/s/n's bedroom.
By this time, I would cradle him in my arms while I fed him his milk.
But when I looked in his cradle, his teddy bear was the only thing to be found.
As a new mother, this was absolutely horrific.
I tried my hardest to stay calm.
Happy thoughts..
Calm, cool, collected..
Happy thoughts.
My heart slowed back into normal rythem.
Suddenly, my thinking was interrupted by the sound of small hums mixed with running water.
The closer I got to the bathroom door, the stronger the sounds became.
With no hesitation, my hand twisted the knob and I entered.
My eyes were met with the sight of my loving husband in the bathtub with y/s/n on his lap.
"Hey baby." Shawn shyly says.
"Hey.. what's going on?" I ask with a small snicker.
I take a step closer.
"I was gonna take a bath but nobody else was here to watch y/s/n. So I let him in here with me." My hands fold over my heart in awe.
"That's so cute!" I squeal out.
Our little one holds out his pruned up fingers and dabs foamy bubbles onto my nose.
I laugh while cupping his chubby cheek in my right hand.
"Wanna join?" Shawn says with a smirk upon his face.
"I think I'll pass." I tease.
"Okay, I don't even want you to. I want to be the only man you'll ever bathe with." He says.
I spread a toothy grin upon my exhausted face.
"I think mommy is tired." Shawn says to y/s/n in a baby voice.
"Go get into bed, darling. I'll be down really soon once I get him fed and to sleep." He says to me, reaching out to grab my hand.
"I love you more than you could ever know, Shawn." I tell him while reaching over the water to kiss him on the lips.
Suddenly, y/s/n splashes us with water and frowns.
"Of course, I can't forget about my little man." I say, kissing his bundled up lips.
Soon enough, his smile was back.
Spread from ear to ear.
The same smile that Shawn has.