||Chapter Eighteen|| Sir? Sir!

|| Hello, once again, people. The giant break I had from Wattpad I guess is supposedly over now, I guess!
Anyway, I can imagine Shouto being really calming, kinda like Aizawa. Like their just chill and calm people and their voice is calming too. That's completely irrelevant but whatever. Don't mind the street names! They make no sense!
This chapter is pretty short. But it's funny! I think...||

|| Hosu, 8:40 am ||

The lady swerved around the round table, her legs pressed tight together by her slim pencil skirt, and scooped up a newspaper and her cup of freshly made coffee. She took a sip, and plonked back down onto her wheelie chair parked at her desk covered in lots of tech devices and cups filled with hundreds of pens. The mug was placed next to her computer, and she jumped and panicked when she heard a beep in her head set.

She flailed her hands around to press a button, and scooted herself into the desk more. She cleared her throat, but there was no use. A voice had already beat her to it and it was surprisingly calm for a normal civilian.

"Hel-"

"Hello? There's been a car crash on Matsutafu Freeway, near-" There was a short pause in the dialogue, supposedly so the man could check something. She heard sobbing and screeching faintly as well. "-Rakuwara gas station off the Osaka exit. I don't know-- well, there's a seriously injured child. And an over turned car, with two passengers, I'm sure."

The lady was mindlessly staring straight into her blank computer screen, astonished by the amount of detail and calmness she just got. Usually it's a sobbing mother who can barely breathe and won't listen or some kid prank calling or a teeny little incident that could have been resolved with a band aid. This was weird, but Shouto was taught to always be calm, direct and detailed when calling emergency services if needed, so that's what he was going to do. He'd practiced this hundreds of times at UA.

She heard him make some sort of strained grunt and then the crying got louder. She heard him quickly whisper to what she assumed was the kid. "Sorry, sorry..."

"Okay, sir, are you hurt?"

"No, I spotted the car while I was driving."

"Alright, can you guess how old the child is?"

"Around seven. Six maybe."

"And she's responsive?"

"Yes, she's able to speak and move."

"Is there any ID as to who they are?"

"Yes, there's... two passports for... 'Riko Atsukana' and 'Haro Kirishuko'. The child has [____] hair and is wearing a black t-shirt and um- underwear."

A very irritated individual named Aizawa was tapping his foot by the front desk, as he lent against it. He'd just been done nagging the receptionist about something he seemed very passionate about. His eyes were zipping everywhere in the room impatiently and then he flipped his head behind the counter and lent over to listen to something. It was the lady talking to Todoroki at her big desk of computers and pencils.

"Okay... [____] hair, black shirt and underwear?" She questioned and then wrote something down on her little sticky note.

It was then that the man at the counter was completely alerted. With vigour, he tries to get the receptionists attention again, explaining in a hurry that he knows who that is. The attempt was fruitless.

He looked for the receptionist for half a second, and then without a second thought, whisked around the front desk.

He dropped the clipboard and choked out words in a panic. "Wha-- sir you can't be over here!"

Aizawa zips over to the lady who perfectly described what the little girl looked like. "Hey, hey, that's--" He hurriedly peeled the headset over her and held it by his face. "Kid? You there?"

"Hey, sir, what the hell are you doing!" A burly security man lifted himself and his pile of muscles of the seat he was sat in and began hastily walking over to Aizawa with a look of anger. "You can't be back here, let alone interrupting calls."

Aizawa completely ignored the guard and continued to try talk to whoever was on the other end of the line. By the description of the person, he was almost certain it was you. Who else would be outside in the city in their underwear? That was the last thing he saw you in, so it had to be you. All he wanted was to talk to you or even hear about you.

Todoroki's hand jerked the phone away from his ear when he first heard Aizawa's voice. It was pretty loud, and his face was still scrunched up. Shouto brought the phone to his ear again, very confused. "Sensor Aiza- What?"

Aizawa could tell it was Todoroki, even with the yelling and confusion behind him in the police station. He quickly took a look at the security guard who was walking towards him, the startled lady squawking at him, and the jumpy receptionist who was calling the police on the phone before he realized he was a police officer.

"Todoroki, where are you?" He blurted through the microphone, feeling the guard yank on his elbow. He didn't move though, he needed to know where you were before getting hauled off by security.

"Hang o- Aizawa?"

"Where are you?" He said back more firmly. He needed an answer, and by the look on the guard's face, he had limited time before he was dragged out of there.

"Uh- Um- Matsutafu Freeway.."

"Good! Good! Okay! Good! Bye!"

Aizawa abandoned the very startled Todoroki on the phone, and dropped the head set back on the table so he could attend to the guard pulling on his arm and the receptionist yelling at him. Aizawa pulled his arm away from the guard, and hopped a couple times on a foot when he almost fell over the files on the floor, before scurrying towards the door.

"Ah- Shit. Sorry!" Behind the glass, his voice cut off, as he began to head down the street in a flurry.

"What.."

The rest of the staff, the guard and the receptionist were all staring at the door Aizawa left through, papers still falling onto the ground and the door still swinging back and forwards. It was silent, everyone catching their breath and blinking away the confusion.

They all turned to the faint voice coming from the head set that broke the silence. "Um... Hello?"