|| Chapter Twenty Two || A Break

Here I am, back from the grave and with a vengeance. I'm only here because I've been paying more and more attention to comments, and you are all just so nice. You deserve more! Just here to pop in and give out one more chapter, because the ending of the last is just too cruel.

And I'm sorry if anything is wrong or out of place compared to the last chapters in here. Ive only read a few older ones.

I hope you all are well. I've missed you! 🦀 x

|| Hosu Hospital, 11:00am ||

With pink blossoms flittering down from the air, soft and quiet like little fairies, you sit on that bench next to Aizawa. They come down to sit in your lap, and with curiosity, you pick one up. It's waxy and thin. It crosses your mind that these petals are like rain, but much drier and prettier.

The boy across the court yard has petals in his hair too. After waving at you, he turned around again to watch the clouds. You tried doing that too, but the blossoms had caught your eye while doing it. You decide that you like them, and that Aizawa might too. So with a small lean, you place one in his lap so that he could be happy as well. His eyes pull open at the sound of you shuffling, and once he spots the small pink flower, he picks it up, intrigued and smiling.

"What's this for?"

You offer him another, in the space between the two of you, where he collects it. You tell him, "Pink."

"Yeah.." The man off handedly assures, occupied with collecting another three you offered. "For me?"

"Yes." You nod. He picks up one that flew out his palm, looking pleased. "For you to be smile!"

"Well thank you." The man is glad for your small handful of gifts, "To be happy?"

"Yes." You like this bench. It's warm and sunny, and covered in lovely little petals. Fiddling with one, you recall what the man had taught you to ask him, which you'd used so so many times. So you say with a child's slur, "What are they?"

"Cherry blossoms?" He questions, to which she nods. "They're little flowers. From all those pink trees, just like leaves on green ones. You like them?"

It's about the only thing you do; as well as the man, and the chicken plushie. "Yes."

Another few glide down into your hair, arms too sore and burnt to reach back and pull them out. You often got curious about what's underneath your bandages, at night when you lay in bed and stared at them. Would it look like that bunny you hurt? Or maybe like that puppy with the plaster on his nose, in the toy box's story book.

One goes by at that moment, floppy tongue out and trotting along with a lady. Her dress waves around like a banner, and as your eyes follow them, you're brought back to the boy on the bench. Maybe he likes pink tree petals too.

"Bloms." You ponder to yourself.

Yes, the boy on the bench will like those. He looks sad.

The sun clips over the hospital's rooftops, and spills all over the courtyard in a beam. Aizawa shields his face, soaking it in, "It's good that you like them, the blossoms." He says, "List's getting longer, huh?"

"Chockit pudding." You nod. That was on the list.

He settles his waxy pink gifts on his knee. He smiles, "Yes that too."

As the little dog finally disappears around the corner, the lady's skirts in tow, you decide to gather some more. And when you activate your quirk, you feel pressure slipping down your veins and into your fingers, becoming hot as if you've broken a bone. But it would only take a minute to get all you need.