The Return

~1864~

Two people waited as a carriage rolled up in front of them. One person was Stefan Salvatore. He was in his tan colored tux with his hair slicked back. Next to him was his older twin sister, Elizabeth. Her hair was down, but had slight curls in it. She was wearing a pale green dress that matched the necklace she had on. Elizabeth glanced at her brother with a smile when the carriage stopped in front of them.

A woman stepped out with a light gray dress and sunhat on. She stepped to the side and let out someone. Stefan gave a small smile at the woman who stepped out. He stepped closer, took her hand, and kissed the back of it.
"You must be Ms. Pierce." He said with a smile. She returned the smile.
"Please, call me Katherine." Katherine gave a small smile. She glanced behind Stefan and a twinkle appeared in her eye when she saw Elizabeth. Their eyes met and Elizabeth smiled a little with a small curtsy.

_______________________________________

~Present Day~

Elizabeth leaned against the counter in Elena's kitchen. She held a can of soda in her hand and sighed.
"Did she say what she wanted?" Damon asked Stefan, who was next to Elizabeth. She looked and watched Damon.
"No." Stefan said, making his sister sigh.
"Woman certainly knows how to make an entrance." Damon says, more like a mutter to himself as he looks around the kitchen.
"What did she mean by 'at least she fooled one of you?" Liz asked her brothers, even though she had a feeling.
"She pretended to be Elena too when I showed up earlier tonight." Damon said to his siblings. Liz looked at him for a bit, trying to think about what Katherine would want.

Liz looked when Elena entered the room. She sighed when Elena looked at all of them, Stefan a little longer. "I...uh... told Jeremy." Elena sighed. "I can't lie to him anymore." Liz took a sip of the soda. She watched as Stefan walked over to Elena and tried to comfort her.
"Are you alright?" Stefan asked, rubbing her back a little.
"No, I'm not alright." Elena said. "I thought that with all the tomb vampires gone things would get better."
"I know. We all did." Stefan said. Liz rolled her eyes.
"In the supernatural world, things never get better." Liz said, which earned her slight glares from her brothers. "What? You know it's true." She says with a shrug.
"Katherine was in this house, that means she's been invited in, what are we gonna do?" Elena asked with worry out loud.
"Move." Damon and Liz said at the same time.
"Very helpful, thank you." Elena replies with sarcasm as she sits down.
"Look..." Liz said, putting her soda on the counter. She put her hands on the table and leans a little closer to Elena "...If Katherine wants you dead, you'd be dead." Liz say as she looks at Elena, making eye contact. "There would be zero you could do, no matter how much you beg my brothers to help. Clearly you're not dead, so that means she has other plans." Liz glared a bit at Elena, making her a bit more fearful of Katherine before backing away. Stefan gave her a glare, silently asking 'Why did you do that?' Liz shrugged at her twin.
"Right and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process." Stefan said to Elena, but look at his siblings.
"Hey, don't look at me." LIz held her hands up in defence. She picked up the soda again and took a sip. "I'm over the bitch."
"What happened tonight when you thought she was Elena?" Stefan asked Damon. Damon looked at everyone and debated if he should tell them or not.
"To risk another frown line encroaching on a very crowded forehead. We...kissed."
"And you thought it was me?" Elena asked, making Liz shake her head. 'How could they think Elena was Katherine?' Liz asked herself.
"What do you mean you kissed?" Stefan asked, protective over Elena.
"Well, you know, when two lips pucker and they go." Damon make a kissing motion as he puckered his lips. Stefan sped after him, but he dodged it. Liz immediately went between her two brothers, trying to make sure they don't fight. "Don't be obvious, Stefan." Stefan went to go after Damon, but Liz put her hand on his chest.
"Don't." Liz said to Stefan as she looked at him. Elena got up and got closer to stefan.
"Stefan wait, he kissed Katherine, not me." Elena said, trying to calm down Stefan. She looked at Damon, who was watching them. "I wouldn't do that. We don't have time for this guys."