NOAH ANDREWS

Yesterday had shook me up a bit. The fact that Tobias hadn't shown any emotion besides anger worried me. It took me back to that day he broke down. His vulnerability shocked me, but I was happy he'd trusted me enough to let me in.

Tobias glanced over at me, before looking forward at the road. We were in his car, Sammy in the back. I thought it was nice of him to suggest Sammy come with us. I wanted them to get along. They were the two most important people in my life.

Sammy would not stop talking the whole way there, wherever there was. Tobias wouldn't tell me anything, being the secretive person he was.

Sammy loved to ask questions. He was naturally hyper, blond curls bouncing, like a little puppy. I could practically see his tail wagging.

"So when did you and Ghost get together, Noah?"

"He's not as scary as I'd thought he'd be. Have you killed someone before? I've heard you've killed someone before."

"Have you guys done the do, yet? Noah doesn't really have a sex drive, but he's been staring at you for forever. Was that in lust, Noah?"

I was blushing horribly at his last question, hearing Tobias's chuckle. He was right about me not having a sex drive. I've never done anything remotely sexual.

"No! Whether we have or haven't is none of your business, Sammy! And I told you I was observing!" I cried out in mortification.

Sammy giggled, his tone sarcastic, "Right. Observing."

Tobias placed his hand on top of my knee, giving me a sly smirk like he knew something I didn't. I really was observing, but not because I was interested in him.

"Shut up! What about you?"

I turned around to see Sammy blush, looking down at his feet, "I haven't... I'm... I don't like anyone."

Despite how he was acting, I knew he was telling the truth. I smiled at him, his big, puppy dog eyes looking up at me.

"You'll find someone."

Sammy shook his head, and told me to 'turn around, dummy.' I did, laughing at his embarrassment.

I studied Tobias again, and this time his fists didn't clench against the steering wheel. He looked over at me, "You're beautiful when you laugh."

I turned as red as a tomato at that, ignoring Sammy's sounds of laughter, and 'Yeah, Noah. So, beautiful. You totally don't sound like a chicken.'

Tobias smiled fondly at Sammy's teasing, and I decided to let it go. I was happy they seemed to be getting along.

Tobias pulled the car to a stop. We were outside a very, sketchy looking warehouse. There was a sign propped up against the side of the door that read 'Tom's.'

I opened the car door, Sammy doing the same, and then somewhat hid behind Tobias as we walked inside.

I looked around warily, the place was packed. Or as packed as you could get with illegal, underground fighting. It was loud, obnoxiously so, and I cringed as I looked up at the ring in the middle of the floor, some guy getting punched so hard, he puked. The crowd roared. It smelt faintly of sweat, drugs, and weed. Not to mention blood.

Those who had lost their fight, limped around covered in crimson. I glanced at Tobias, wondering if he'd ever been like that. Probably not, considering he'd never lost a fight.

I looked up at Tobias, "Is this where you got those scars from? Fighting?"

Tobias looked down at me, eyes holding an unknown emotion, "Some of them."