Chapter 9

"Michael, im glad that you accepted this one on one therapy. It'll do you better than group therapy."

"I didn't really have a choice did I? you were going to call the police if i didn't accept."

"anyways, tell me more about luke. what made you guys quit talking?"

"we just drifted away, not really much to that huh..."

"i cant do this anymore, luke. i want to get better, but being with you won't help me do that." i looked up at luke. his eyes were wide and glossy. I didn't know if he was high or about to cry.

"michael you can't. you can't leave me!" he ran towards me grabbing my hands, "it's you and me baby. me and you, forever, right?"

"no! i would've never tried to get with you if i knew that you were a drug addict!!!"

"Michael..." luke fell on his knees, hands on his lap. for once he looked vulnerable and weak. it broke my heart looking at him like this..

"michael. this isn't going to work if you don't cooperate with me. tell me the real reason why you guys stopped talking."

i tried to swallow the lump in my throat. I couldn't tell her. i couldn't tell anyone. we promised not to...

i stood there in shock... there was blood on my hands...there was blood everywhere, "luke....what did you do?"

"i...i... michael im sorry."

i blink back the few tears that were threatening to fall, "that was what really happened. he wanted to get better and he left me behind."

"and you don't?"

"well i'm here aren't i? i saw him... he was with calum and they were laughing and talking... just like how calum and i use to be."

"why don't you try to reconnect with him?"

"because he doesn't want to, i tried."

"try harder."

"i have!" i raised my voice making my therapist jump, "i have..."

i was back in my car, the words of my
therapist still lingering in my head.

reconnect with him

i sighed, i took my phone out. this was the last time i'm going to try.
my thumb hovered over 'call'
i sighed deeply before pressing it.
all i could hear was a ring and another ring and another until i heard his voice

"hello?"

i stayed quiet. my heart was racing a mile a second.

"michael?"

"hi."

"hi."

"i miss you..."

"i know michael... i know."

i tried not to cry, "you left me though."

"you didn't want to get better, michael..."

"i needed you... i still do.."

"michael! i was always there for you..."

"you left me!" i screamed through the phone. tears were rolling down my face. i couldn't keep it in anymore. i just couldn't.

"he was the reason why i'm addicted to all this shit calum! and you just took his side instead of mine! we've been friends since we were kids calum!! we weren't friends we were brothers, and you left me... you fucking left me..."

it was silent for a bit, "no michael. you left me. you stopped hanging out with me and you stopped calling and texting me. i tried to reach out but you never answered. and it isn't luke's fault that you're addicted michael. it's yours. it's your fault that you said yes to the drugs that ashton offered you, it's your fault that you kept on giving into peer pressure. you knew that you were going to do more hard shit whenever you started doing coke, but you didn't want to stop. you told me that you didn't care as long as luke was happy... he pressured you, yes, but you gave in to the shit you knew could destroy your life."

i screamed. i punched my car wheel, "i need you right now though! i'm trying to get better! i want us to be friends again! and i want us to be happy again! fuck calum!!! can't you see i'm trying?"

"goodbye mikey..."

then the line went dead...

——-

i want to end this and i exactly know how i'm going to. also, that's how michael looks like in this fic. i had to make a few changes to it tho, since you know, he's addicted to drugs

till we meet again my loves