06. Mrs Scamander's Favorite Child

wc: 2588*y/n/n = your nickname——————//——————"Protective custody? Theseus, if you don't explain right now, in great detail—"

wc: 2588
*y/n/n = your nickname
——————//——————
"Protective custody? Theseus, if you don't explain right now, in great detail—"

Theseus grabbed your hands, which were gesturing wildly in the air. "Y/n."

"-- I swear to Dumbledore that I will wreak HAVOC --"

"Y/n," he repeated.

"What?"

He guided you to a to the chair next to him, which you reluctantly moved to. "You might want to sit down for this, it's not exactly easy..." His voice was hardly above a whisper and it wobbled ever so slightly as he spoke. Whatever this is.. it cannot be good.

You sat down heavily and resituated your hands around his as you stared at him, using his own technique of intense eye contact to will him to take his time but to not keep your curiosity up. Theseus chose his next words carefully. "There's no good way to tell you this... Y/n, back at the Rosier manor, there was a man there." You nodded uneasily, saying nothing. "He seemed to be in charge, giving orders to the others, carrying out the, erm, you know. He was responsible for this," he said, gesturing to his sickening black eye.  

"Theseus, just tell me!"

"Y/n, it's your brother..." What? "Charlie... He's— well, he's still alive."

You let go of his hands. Your brother? Charlie? ... Alive?

"No," you said simply. "No, I saw it— I saw him die, Theseus! Whatever Krafft told you was a lie, just to get in your head." Theseus's face almost held as much emotion on it as yours.

"I saw him," he said abruptly. "I promise you, I wouldn't be telling you if I weren't absolutely sure. It was him."

You started to believe him now, and the more you thought about the night you thought he died, the more you began to wonder if that flash you saw that night wasn't the telltale green of the killing curse...

But surely it was? You couldn't have misjudged the color of that flash of light...

Then a thought hit you. "You said he was the one who kidnapped you?" Theseus nodded, searching your eyes. You bit your cheek. "So then... he he must work for Grindelwald?"

Theseus sighed. "Looks like it. They– Krafft and his men– were asking about you for him-- I didn't tell them anything, don't worry. Y/n, I'm sorry—"

"Did he ask about me?" You asked suddenly.

Theseus paused. "Your br--?"