11. House of Memories (not ft P!atD)

wc: 1901——————//——————

wc: 1901
——————//——————

Theseus's Point of View

I looked around a small living room, recognizing y/n in pictures on the walls, much younger, but it was definitely her. She's been beautiful her whole life, I noticed as I surveyed the other pictures around the room.

I glanced at y/n's form standing next to me, a face full of reminiscence. I already knew that this was going to be a painful walk down memory lane, but the teary look in her eyes said more than words could. Y/n's eyes rested on a small boy with long curly hair sitting before them.

Two young children played on the floor in front of us, neither one older than 8, and I knew it was y/n and Charlie. It was an innocent memory, the two children laughing at the cat on the sofa.

Y/n smiled at the sweet memory before her as young Charlie lifted the cat to put into her young arms. Young y/n grinned and laughed in delight as the cat purred loudly. Charlie watched his smiling sister with a big smile, contrasting everything I saw between them at the party that night. That was all, but y/n's face told me this sweet memory meant a lot to her. I could hardly believe this young boy would become the man who kidnapped me and cursed his own sister on the ice last week...

The scene changed around us, and y/n and Charlie were much older, both young Hogwarts students, I noticed from the uniforms and by the room around them. Christmas decorations hung around them, but all cheer was gone from their faces. They sat on the floor of the Ravenclaw common room, alone. I was surprised to see tears rolling down both of their faces, y/n's face looked as if she had been crying for hours, her head resting hopelessly on Charlie's shoulder. I've never seen her this torn up, and I could hardly imagine what it could be about. Charlie's face was stoic, as if all the tears had been drained out of him and there was nothing else to give. There was anger too, but I could see he was holding back his anger to help his sister. I wondered what on earth could have caused a moment like this.

Y/n looked upon the scene with a peculiar look on her face. It was sad, but there was anger in it as well.

"This was the Christmas we found out our dad left us," y/n explained shortly. Anger now filled her face, but the tears in her eyes betrayed her. I nodded, not sure what exactly to say as we listened to Charlie's words of comfort. I wanted to reach out, to touch her and give her some kind of comfort, but something told me she didn't need it just then. After all, y/n is the strongest witch I've ever known. Now I understood y/n's shock at her brother's choice of allegiance. He seemed like a good man before Grindelwald, I thought, bewildered, watching him comfort his little sister.

"Not a word to anyone, got it, Salamander?" Y/n threatened half-heartedly, and I knew it was just to cover the vulnerability she undeniably felt. I studied her face. No, I would never bring it up again, but I could tell y/n thought about it every day.