Chapter 32

♡ chapter 32 - Harry ♡

        The task of staring at the man who had harmed my beloved Rose was difficult enough. Yet the mere thought that my father had also been here pained me even more. How could two diabolical people cross paths so easily? It seemed as if Rose and I's nightmares had united.

        I could tell Rose was just as uneasy. Her gaze would shift towards him every few seconds, her bottom lip between her teeth or the tips of her fingernails. I didn't know how to calm her down when I myself was quite anxious, so all I managed to do was grab her hand and squeeze it. She glanced over at me for only a moment, but in that moment showed a pathetic attempt of a smile. It would have to be good enough for now.

        "My name is Henry, if you didn't already know," her father said. 

        "Not too sure any of us really cared, mate," Louis said as he folded his arms across his chest, trying to give off the impression of intimidating. If I didn't know him so well, perhaps it would've worked.

        Henry shook his head, a small smirked glazed on his lips. "I wouldn't want to be so quick with comebacks to the man who has helpful information for you."

        "What kind of information?"

        "Oh, I don't know. A few things about a necklace," he said, eyes narrowing in on me.

        I stiffened. "What did he tell you about it? Where did he hide it?"

        I've never truly understood the whole purpose of the necklace, but I know it does not belong to Marcus in any way. He is already too powerful, and to give him more power is like encouraging him to go on a killing streak. 

        Henry held my stare. "He doesn't have it."

        My heart nearly sank to my toes. "Doesn't have it? Then who the hell does?"

    He shrugged. "No one, for all Marcus knows. He said something about Trina hiding it underground or something."

         Trina - my mother. I never thought I'd hear her name again after she sacrificed her life for me. Marcus had killed her in attempt of getting his hands on me, and I'm forever guilty because of it. If I had only known my strength back then, I could've saved her. I could've had my mother still with me.

        I swallowed. "Does he have any idea on where it might be?"

         Henry's smirk stretched. "Why don't you ask him yourself?"

        As if on cue, Marcus emerged from the hallway, leaning against the door frame with that smug look slapped across his face.

        I didn't think - I just acted. I was before him in a flash, my hands around his throat, his back slammed against the wall. I wanted to kill him, to watch him suffer. Blood related or not, he was not my father. He never would be. A father is simply a title and he had not earned his. He will never earn his.

        Marcus' face was beginning to turn red. "Now, son-" He coughed, "-you wouldn't want to kill the only one who knows the answer, would you?"

        My eyes narrowed in on him, my heart pounding in my chest. He was right, and I hated to admit that, but I wasn't letting him go so easily. So I did remove my hands, but my eyes stayed firm on his face, wanting to see him in pain like he had done to me all those years back. He was choking, struggling for breath, but even that wasn't a worse enough punishment for someone as evil as him.

        Rose placed her hand on my shoulder. "Harry." 

        Her tone was soft, gentle, and I think that's what finally made me look away from the man crumbled on the floor. I could hear his gasps behind me, but I stared at Rose for a long moment, trying to decipher what it was about her that made me so easy to comply. Perhaps it was her good nature that I was envious of. I was never a very good person.

             What made me turn back around was the chuckle that had fled Marcus's lips as he stood to his feet, brushing his pants off. "And to think I ever under-estimated you." He shook his head, grinning. "Well done, son."

        I gaped at him. I had almost killed him and he was congratulating me? 

        Niall shook his head. "The most twisted man alive."

        I couldn't agree more.

***

        "Such an ironic situation we're in," Rose said as we sat on the old swings in her backyard, the smell of rust being the only sign of how old they were.

        "How do you figure that?"

        She laughed. "I escaped my dad, you escaped yours, and now they're working together."

        I pursed my lips. "Point taken."

        "I never thought I'd be back here," she whispered, eyes saddening as she stared out into the distance.

        "We should've listened to you and left," I told her truthfully.

        "But then you wouldn't have found out about the necklace and..." She shook her head. "Life has a moronic way of working, that's all I can say."

        I got off my swing and knelt in front of her, lifting her chin with my finger. "It's not all moronic. I'm here with you, remember?"

        "You're a moron yourself," she said, smiling.

        I rolled my eyes, but a grin tugged at my lips. "Such a funny one you are."

        She leaned her forehead against mine, nose nearly brushing my own. "But yeah, I get what you mean. And oddly enough, I couldn't have asked for a better moron to be stuck with."

        A ridiculous grin stretched on my face that normally I would be humiliated of, but I made an exception for this moment. "I love you too, Rosalie."

        She laughed before pressing her lips to mine.

        I know as well as she does that moments like these won't last. Whatever is up ahead isn't anything good. We may survive it, we may not. But as long as she is with me, psychically or mentally, I feel like I could make it through anything.         

-

-

A/N: Sad news... I've decided that this is the last chapter of this story! But don't fret because there WILL be an epilogue and an explanation for why I ended it as abrupt at I did... So please don't send me any sort of hate for this! If you have questions, you can message me. But again, this is the final chapter but there will be an epilogue posted either later tonight or tomorrow. Thank you so much for reading. Love you all & see you soon (: xx

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @write2bleed !! (you can even complain to me or give me your thoughts on the story xx)

*VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.*