C H A P T E R. ➍ : make him drop

❦ How beautiful you are,

   Now that you love me. ❦

....................................................

" I heard the news," inquisited Harper while my English professor took a chalk and started writing a beautiful cursive I'll never understand, " I suppose you didn't take in consideration the second rule."

She must be talking about my run in with Tristan! If you could call even call it that... I guess rumours spread fast in Trinity-K.

" Half of them are lies." I said coolly, which was probably true. Rumours go from mouth to mouth, and people go at exorbitant ways to make them more dramatic.

" So you aren't Tristan's date to the dance?" She questioned, visibly disapointed.

" Ok that part is true."

She let out a squeal of joy which perked the ears of our English teacher.

" A little seriousness, ladies."He complained as he continued writing, probably thinking : oh, the new generation, such a shame.

" Do you have the proper attire? I do not have mine, if you'd like to go to the mall with me after school." She proposed.

" Wait a minute..." I said dubious. " So you asked John?"

" I did." She said nervously as I held up my right hand to high five her.

" That's super!" I exclaimed as my hand remained in the air. " Don't leave me hanging there, Harp!"

" I did," She continued, " Ask him if he was going to the dance, not with me specifically." She clarified.

Oh. Well, there's no one like Harper, I sighed

" Well, let's look on the bright side," my voice laced with cautious optimism, " He'll be there, so let's get you in a killer dress and he'll only have eyes for you."

She beamed at me as I felt a surge of pride for bringing her moral back. Maybe I should be a life coach, if being the other 243 other dream careers don't work out.

" Ladies, please!" Mr. Benson gave us an exasperated look as he put his chalk down, rubbing hid forehead tiredly.

We hushed and the minute he turned around, Harper bent down and whispered excitedly,

" Sunset mall, at 5."

We exchanged a knowing look as we let ourselves sink into Shakespeare's melodramatic tragedies.

.......................................................

By 6, me and Harper had tried on more dresses than Gigi Hadid before a runway. There were just too many choices : V-neck, boat neckline, plunge necklines, which in case you aren't aware, stop above your belly button. 

We entered the final store. The party was starting soon, and at this rate, we'll be shopping till th end of the year prom.

" This is it," I said with fake excitement. " Lilyanne's Couture."

As we entered the store, I spotted a mountain of expensive gowns, each prettier than the next. I let my fingers stroke the rich fabric. This was certainly not the type of store I would've gone to in Brooklyn, where each gown costs at least a one month rent. But now, things changed.