C H A P T E R . ➊➋: Felicity Addington

Make new friends but

     Do not forget the old

     One is silver and 

     the other is gold

.............................................

At eigh thirty, I heard knocking on my door,

" Coming!" I hollered from the bathroom. I looked at myself one last time before opening the door.

Adrian was leaning patiently next to my door in a pullover and jeans. " Hi." I managed to say and he turned his head to face me.

" Elyse, come on, we're late." He stated.

" I wonder who's fault that is." I said teasingly. " Race you to the entrance!" I challenged as I bolted before he had time to answer.

He passed me within the first seconds and had a surprising lead on me. He must run a lot, I thought While I was struggling with my high heels. It was a sore move to race in these little devils. I tried to catch up, running, until something on the floor caught my shoe.

I fell, wincing as my knees hit the ground. I stayed down for an instant, scolding myself for my "brilliant" idea. I saw Adrian running towards me and when he reached me, he held out his hand and helped me up.

" Are you ok?" He asked as I nodded. I stood up and brushed my knees with my hands.

" I won." He said after a while with a smile.

We walked slowly for the rest of the trip to the chocolate store. We chatted about so many unimportant things, yet I cherished every moment of it. Adrian had a way to make everything he touched joyful. 

We arrived at La Maison De Chocolat and I saw Ace talk to a pretty blonde, who I swear could be a top model. She was trying to reason with him but he deadpanned her. 

" That's her." Adrian said. " Ace's ex."

His what? They dated? Is she trying to get back with her? I felt a foolish pang of jealousy which was preposterous, and I tried to push that awful sensation out of me.

Ace turned around and his fac showed pure relief when he saw up. Felicity's face lit up when she saw Adrian.

" A-D!" She called out excitedly and raced in his arms. Something told me that they were simply platonic. They hugged for a while before breaking their embrace.

" Thank you for showing." Ace said to me. " She's a witch."

" What do you mean?" She looked really nice. I studied his face carefully : he looked hurt every time he looked at her. " You aren't on good terms?"

He scoffed. " With Felicity? That cheating bitch can go fuck herself."

I stared at him in shock, glad to see that she was too far to hear what he said. We entered the shop as I heard her say, " Where's Tristan? I really miss that one." 

" He's not coming today." Said Adrian, which made me full of disappointment.

We sat down on a booth as a waiter came by and took our order. When the food finally came, I couldn't just pretend I knew about this Felicity, it felt so wrong. I just stayed in a corner nodding to everything while nibbling on my éclair, thinking about Tristan.

" So Elyse, how are you liking your new school so far?" I heard Felicity say as my head shot up.

" Well, it's nice I guess." I muttered as she laughed, placing her arm around me. Why was she suddenly acting like my friend? Confused, I gently removed her arm, trying not to vex her.

" I felt the same when I transferred to Milan's Private Institute of Fashion." She said. I wasn't sure if she intended to brag, or like all the rich kids it wasn't no big deal.

They continued chatting as I regretted coming here in the first place. I noticed Ace had the same bored expression as me. Poor him, getting stuck with his ex must really suck.

" Excuse me." I said, standing up. " I need  to go." I swear if I heard Ms. Princess say one more time how fabulous Milan is I will go mad!

" Is everything ok?" Arian questioned as I nodded my head.

" Maybe I should go with you." Proposed Ace, standing up with me as Felicity answered,

" If you think I'm letting you off the hook that easy." His face showed disdain as he slumped on his seat.

I headed for the door, not turning back. The fresh air hit my face and I felt suddenly free, glad that I left before my whole evening was ruined.

" Of course I'm going to see her, what are you talking about?" I heard a voice say, probably talking on the phone. " Great. *pause*Un hun *pause* K, bye."

I turned around to see who it was as a smile lit my face. Tristan! I ran towards him as he hung up his phone and wrapped my arms around him tightly. I heard him chuckle as I melted into his warmth. 

" Did you miss me?" He said with a hopefull smirk as I snuggled deeper.

After seeing him last night, all I longed for was this moment. I know I must seem crazy, running around giving hugs, but I didn't care. I kept on having the feeling that he needed it when he breathed on my ear.

" I thought you weren't going to come." I muttered under my breath. 

" Things have changed." He said with a bright but sad smile.

" Can I tell you something?" I insquisited. I couldn't hold it in any longer, he had the right to know." I saw you last night."

I felt him stiffen as his eyes pondered into some distant memory as a tear ran down his cheek. " Let's not talk about that." He said coldly. 

" Please." I begged. " I bearly know you, but seeing you sad is eating me up. I know how it feels when something is devouring you up inside, with no one to tell it to." His face softened. " You're more than that douche I met the first day I came, and I guess I judged you too quickly."

" You're never going to stop until I tell you, right?" He teased as I stubbornly nodded. 

He hesitated before answering in a low voice. " It's Aria." His sister? The one he brought to the dance? " She has terminal cancer."

I felt his heart drum in his chest. His breathing became ragged as he clutched me to him. I stood there in shock, unable to mutter one comforting word. " Let's forget about it." He said after a while with a forced smile. 

I nodded, not wanting to make him uncomfortable. " Please don't tell the rest, they don't know." 

He didn't tell the Kings? His so called best friends? I felt a warmth in me, that trusted me enough to tell me. I broke our embrace and laced my fingers in his. " Do you need to clear your head?"

He nodded as he said, " It's nice to have a friend to talk to."

I winced. Friend? I, Elyse Huxley, was being friend zoned? He caught himself up, noticing my face,

" I mean-" He started to say as I cut him off. 

" Friends don't do this." I stood on my tippy toes. If I wanted to do my dare, it was now on never. My lips brushed his as he cupped me face gently, like if he was afraid I would break. I still felt his warmth on my lips as I pulled away.

" This is going really fast." He stated.

" I don't mind fast." I admitted.

" Neither do I." He said with a smirk as we locked lips once more.

.................................................

Hey everyone!

Did you enjoy this chapter?

I know that Elyse and Tristan are going really fast but I decided to make my book 20 parts so things need to get going!

See you next chapter. 😃 

...............................................