C H A P T E R . ➊➏ : Analyt Corp

❦ Light is easy to love

    Show me your darkness 

..........................................................

Next morning, the news was out. Every time I swiped my phone to the news, Adrian's face and his brother's was nearly on everywhere. Analyt Corp going down created an explosion.

" I am so heartbroken," said Felicity, wiping a fake tear from her eye as I watched her from my phone. The interviewer gave her a tissue as she kindly accepted it. Oh come on. Using this for fame was outrageous! " As I was saying, Adrian and I were such good friends, he was like my brother, really. The fact that my boyfriend Ace was responsible, it's too much to bear."

I threw my phone on my bed. I was sick of her lies. If only Ace, the perfectly single Ace, could be given a a chance. I took a deep breath and pushed my dorm door.

A flash blinded my as I retreated, hiding my eyes. I her more camera clicks as voices flooded me,

" What are your emotions on Analyt Corps loss?"

" Did you get a chance to see Mr. Adrian Darkwell since the incident?"

" Did he show any signs that he knew?"

The reporters swarmed around me, bombarding me with questions. My head spun. I need air. I tried to push my way through but the reporters pushed me back, waving their microphones a me.

" Ms. Huxley, only a minute!" Yelled a reporter, the mic so close to my mouth.

" Ms. Huxley!"

They kept on nagging me but I wouldn't say a thing. Adrian trusted me, and no way I would let him down. I did that to too many people already. And, as crazy, unbelievable as this seems, I think I love Adrian Darkwell.

............................................................

" State your full name for the recording."

" Adrian Eryx Darkwell."

The cop's recording device caught each word I said. They had taken me straight from the chocolate shop to the police station. Thank god Elyse wasn't there to see me like this, I thought to myself. Elyse. I thought of her constantly.

" Did you know anything about the charges the Genovese family charged? We had recent information he was a close friend."

" He was." I gulped. I was still stunned to hear what he did, his name made me want to shout. " It's life, I guess."

But no, it wasn't. I trusted him, I let him in, just so he could hit me where it hurts : the only thing my parents left me. 

" We're you involved in any of the crimes, which include bribing and illegal contracts?"

I shook my head as he frowned.

" Please speak up. This is a recording."

" No I did not." I said aloud.

He sighed and rubbed his hands on his forehead.

" I'm sorry to say, but your brother will be served 10 years of jail time and Analyt Corp is bankrupt and facing serious dept." Sympathy marked his voice. " Your entire heritage will be used to pay the fines. You will be removed from your current school Trinity-Kingsburry in a week and placed to a public school until we find you a legal guardian."

"W-what?" I managed to say.

This was all wrong. I would loose everything, everything I cared about. I kept on thinking about Elyse. Someone finally understood me. Someone I deeply cared, craved. Gone, just like that.

Ace, I seethed

.........................................................

The Dethroned Series is coming to an end! I can't believe how amazing writing this story is, thank you for your support! :)

In the meantime, stay hooked, the next chapter is coming!

..........................................................