C H A P T E R . ➊➌: Pokerface

My lips are the gun

    My smile is the trigger

   My kisses are bullets

   Label me a killer ❦

..................................................

I spent the rest of the evening chatting with Tristan, talking about the silliest things and laughing abundantly. I had this feeling that I knew him all my life even though I only met who he was behind his walls today. We never mentioned Aria. We strolled down the city streets, puffs of white air every time we breathed, the tips of Tristan's nose and ears bright pink from the cold.

For a moment, I forgot all about my crazy life, about Brooklyn. Just being with him made me so carefree, like the weight on my shoulders suddenly lifted when I heard his laugh. 

It was getting late, too late to be outside without detention. 

'' I think we should head back.'' I proposed, stopping to tie my laces.

'' Why, aren't you enjoying yourself?'' He teased as I flushed bright pink.

'' Not at all, I mean-'' I said defensively.

 '' Aww, cute. You're blushing.'' He smirked playfully, poking my cheek gently with his finger.

'' It's the cold.'' I deadpanned as I crossed my arms on my chest, shrugging his arm off my shoulder.

We walked in silence, with a two feet distance between us. I glanced at Tristan, his locks of blonde hair falling gently on his face, his hands in his pockets as I felt him shiver. Instead of seeing this cocky, arrogant douche, I saw someone battling with demons. He caught my eye as I quickly looked infront of me, avoiding his stare.

'' Are you mad?'' He said after a while, his voice laced with sincere worry.

'' No, what makes you think so?'' I questioned, looking straight ahead.

'' You're being cold.'' He answered softly. 

'' I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!'' I appologized frantically. '' It's just my way of saying-''

'' That you like me? Don't worry, I'd feel the same way if I were you.'' He jeered. Unbelievable. And I thought he was genuinely upset. Players, I thought with a smile on my lips

'' Not at all, actually-'' I started before he interrupted me once again,

'' I love you too, babydoll.'' At this moment I couldn't decipher if he was joking or if he meant it.

......................................................

We parted ways at the entrance, tip toeing to our dorms without attracting attention from the supervisor. Once in my bed, my phone buzzed. Who could it possible be at this time? I picked it up and read my message.

After waiting a while for a response and not getting any, I shut my phone down and threw it across my bed. Who was this Pokerface? How did they know my name? Most inmportantly, what were they trying to say with that poem?

.................................................................

The next day was the same, going from class to class. I kept analyzing the way people talked, trying to find any similarities with Pokerface's way with words. None were a match.

I went over to biology class, sitting with Adrian and Tiffany. One more reason why this class was torture, not only did I not understand a thing but I was with the world's biggest bitch.

'' We have a slight delay, due to the fact no one showed last time to work.'' Tiffany snarked as I shared a smile with Adrian. '' Not that I mind.'' She added sweetly, pressing her hand on his arm.

He yanked his hand away but she still looked unfazed. What a personality. I opened our textbooks and started reading on the astral gravitation. I. Didn't. Understand. A. Damn. Thing. I reread the same paragraph four times, getting more and more confused every time I thought I understood.

I peeked at Tiffany as she seemed to be more interested on Adrian than our project. The one who is preoccupied about delays sure doesn't mind a detour. 

'' So Adrian, we have some chemistry.'' She purred. Ew, no, yuck! Was she seriously flirting with him so shamelessly?

'' We're in Biology, bitch.'' I muttered. She glared at me as I heard Adrian chuckle.

'' Who cares?'' Tiffany snarled,

'' Just me, Mrs. Chance, Adrian... '' I trailed with a smirk. She cursed smartass under her breath but like I cared.

'' Adrian, I don't understand this.'' Tiffany whined. That girl has no limits. 

'' Ask Elyse.'' he waved her off. 

'' Why? Is she some genius?'' She complained sarcastically. Some nerve she had.

'' Why, are you the moon? Cause I need you 238 000 miles away from me.'' I retorted.

'' Are you the sun?'' Tiffany started, clearly annoyed. '' Because you're-''

'' Big, round and it hurts my eyes to look at you?'' Adrian said. '' Get some originality.''

She looked at him, defeated. She apologized profusely before returning to her books, realizing he wasn't paying attention. After a while, the bell rang as Adrian said in my ear. 

'' Let's do the project. Tomorrow, my dorm.''

He left before I had a chance to protest. Good thing he did, not giving the scared part of me the chance to decline. 

 I wonder what surprises he had in store.

...........................................................

Hello dear reader!

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it! 💕 

Who do you think Pokerface is? 

Just analyze the name, some clues are hidden in there 😉 

See you around!