C H A P T E R . ➑ : a date with a king

To see the universe as it truly is, 

      Is to see what we call chaos  

...........................................

I stepped into Adrian's sport BMW and we raced on our way to the arcade.

" Can you open the roof?" I asked him as he pressed a button and suddenly, it became a convertible. I stared at him in awe.

The air blasted on our faces as I caught him grinning. Out of the sudden, I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood up, the wind gushing, sending my hair backwards. I knew I was breaking all the safety rules but fuck it. 

" What are you do-" he called out

" Wooo!" I screamed, throwing my hands in the air, letting all my energy out. It felt amazing! He went faster as I came down, smiling like an idiot, but I didn't care. 

" I always wanted to do that." I said sheepishly as he looked at me with amusement. 

" Take the wheel." He said after a while and without warning he unbuckled his seatbelt and stood up. 

I pressed myself on the wheel, driving in a zig zag motion, unaware how to drive correctly this thing.

"Wooo!" He called out and smiled broadly, closing an eye while the sun flashed in our faces. 

He came down and I handed him the wheel, before we burst out laughing like crazy, unable to stop until my belly hurt.

" I think I bumped into a traffic cone." I admitted between laughs.

We tried to catch our breaths and finally calmed down. He took a deep breath and said, his eyes still on the road,

" You're really something else." He stated, chuckling to himself. I broke into a huge smile and kept it for the whole trip.

...................................................

Once at the arcade, we went from one game to another, and he always beat me no matter what. Sometimes I wondered if he rigged the game or simply if he came down here a lot.

" Oooooh." I gushed as I saw a huge teddy bear in a stand. " I want to play." I said, stoping abruptly, tugging on his arm.

" These things are impossible to win." He said vaguely.

" Fine by me." I said as I handed a five dollar bill to the woman working the stand. She handed me back 5 rings.

" Ok, this game is very simple. Just toss the rings in the pole." She explained, motioning a long rod many feet away.

I breathed slowly and focused. I tossed it professionally, but it landed miserably a feet away.

I heard Adrian laugh. " What? You think you can do better?" I challenged as he grinned. 

" Give me one." He reached out to take a ring from my hand as I snatched it protectively.

" Get your own, mister." I jeered as he handed a bill and the woman gave him a fresh set of rings. 

I watched him throw a couple, every time missing. 

" So close." He grunted while his last ring had scratched the pole and nearly got in.

" Does that count?" Adrian asked the woman as she shook her head. He sighed as he gave her another bill.

" Yay, I want that teddy bear!" I  prompted playfully as I saw him toss some more, getting none in.

" Shit, it's my last one." He said. " Blow."

He held the ring near me as I blew softly on it. He gave me a smirked and threw it. It flew in the air and,

" Innnnnn!" I exclaimed as I threw my hands. To my surprise, I felt Adrian's arms around me as he lifted me up and spun me a couple of times. I was giggling happily.

Ecstatic, he planted a kiss on my cheek, as I reddened like crazy. I looked at him and he seemed unaware of what he did, asking the lady for his prize. I put my hand on the cheek he kissed and smiled. 

" You're my lucky charm." He grinned  as I laughed. 

The woman handed me the teddy bear as I wrapped my arm around it, clutching it dearly. 

" How will I call you?" I babytalked to the plush. " I know, Mr. Plushie."

Adrian stifled a laugh. " You know it has a name." He showed me the tag next to his tail.

" Edward?" I read. " No thanks Mr. Plushie is better."

We walked out the arcade, Adrian holding Mr. Plushie since he was too heavy after a while.

" I need to go somewhere." He said finally, as I tried not to look disappointed. 

" No problem, just give me back Mr. Plushie, don't even think about keeping it." I warned teasingly as he placed it in my arms.

" Are you going to call a cab or take the subway...?" He questioned worryingly.

" I'm fine." I shrugged him off. Part of me was glad he cared about how I would get home. " Go where you need to go."

I waved him goodbye as we went our separate paths, with a smile stuck on my face. Adrian was something else, once you got to know him. 

I glanced at Mr. Plushie. " He's one of a kind, hun?" I muttered kindly into his soft ears as I beamed.

.......................................

Hey!

How are you finding Adrian so far? 

Let me know and see you next chapter! :D

.....................................................