Prologue

A/N: This is my first story on my new account so welcome! I'm excited to start this story and see where it leads! 🤗😘

Please be kind and respectful on my account, all hate comments will be ignored and deleted so don't bother 🙃🚫

Disclaimer: This story contains cursing, gay relations, sex and violent scenes. There will be warnings at the top of chapters with sex or extensive violence ⚠

This is also mpreg! A friendly reminder that this is fictional work and to be respectful of the world I've created 🐺

Don't steal, plagiarism is a crime. This book and it's characters belong to me. If you'd like to ask questions or anything about this then message me 🚫🔐

Without further ado, let's get started! 💜💜💜

Amari POV (10 years ago)

"Stay quiet my little wolf, don't make a sound Amari, mommy will be back to get you."

I sobbed, reaching out my hand for the battered, bruised woman, not wanting her to leave me alone - not wanting her to go out there and face the horrors happening in our living room.

I was terrified, my body shaking, tears streaking my cheeks, my bottom lip unable to stop trembling. I was scared I'd never see her again, that we'd both die and I wouldn't be able to find her in the afterlife.

"D-don't go mommy, stay w-with Mari, please," I whimpered, grabbing a hold of her fingers with little hands no where near the size of her own.

A tear slipped from my mother's brown eyes, over her ebony skin to drip off her chin. I watched it fall with a broken heart. Mommy never cried - that's how I knew that this was bad, that she was in trouble. It made me cling to her tighter.

"Shh baby, mommy has to go. You'll be fine. You'll be okay. If..." she swallowed hard. "If mommy doesn't come back. I want you to run as fast as you can. Can you promise me that?"

"I'll c-come and help you mommy. Mari will save you," I denied, trying to call my wolf to the surface. If I shifted, then maybe I could defend us.

"No," Mommy looked panicked at my words. "Promise me you won't. Promise you'll stay hidden. Remember what we said about your wolf Amari? Your wolf is special and delicate. You can't protect mommy darling. Mommy has to protect you."

I sobbed. I couldn't call my wolf even if I tried. Raven was curled up in a shivering ball right at the back of my mind, refusing to even help us. He stayed where he was, shaking his head, hiding his eyes with his paws. He was my wolf, we were supposed to be strong, we had to try. But he wouldn't. He was too scared.

I hated him for it.

Mommy looked behind her, her disheveled afro bouncing around her ears as she did so. "I have to go Amari," she turned back frantically before leaning forward and kissing my cheek. She kissed me roughly, her chapped lips scratching at my skin as she pressed kiss after kiss on my cheeks, as though she didn't want to let go...

But she did.

Mommy pushed me back into the floor, covering me up with floor boards and dumping the carpet right back over the top. I was enveloped in darkness, panting hard as I panicked inside the tiny space. But I knew I couldn't make a sound. I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything.

That night, I heard my mother being murdered. I heard my father and his best friend, and the enforcers who joined in, shouting horrible words and beating her. I heard her screams until I couldn't anymore. I knew they killed her.

They didn't know I was there.

Nobody did.

Until a few days later whilst I was on on the verge of death.

And during that time I lay curled up inside the floor, I knew that I could never trust my wolf again. Raven let us down and I hated him - hated what we were. Because if we were stronger, if we were brave, we could've saved mommy together.

A/N: And this is where our story was born 📖 Poor Amari 😢 Tell me what you think. I love reading and answering comments so come at me - let's have a chat 💜