Chapter 11

Luka POV

"Strip!"

"Don't say it like that! Jesus christ you'd think this was a strip show! Turn around!" Amari glared his famous puppy dog glare, his hands on those shapely hips as he stood across the room.

I grinned, leaning back on a table not piled with books and crossed my arms. "Now you've put that image in my head, I actually quite like it. How about you strip and dance for me? Come on sexy, let me see it!"

Amari's eye twitched and he sucked his bottom lip into his mouth as he growled in annoyance. I loved teasing him. That hot and bothered face he had was just far too entertaining.

It was early in the morning. Not Amari's usual fuck-off hour of four o'clock. But it was still early enough for me to miss my bed and having Amari pressed tightly up against my side while we slept.

But today was important and waking up a little earlier wasn't going to preterb me from helping him get through this.

I'd taken him to the downstairs library. Nobody ever came in here. It was big enough for him to shift and there was also a reading garden out back Raven could use while not having to fear other wolves being around. The only other wolf here with us was Eugene.

I was worried about Amari shifting and had the healer on stand by to help in case anything went wrong. 

"Alpha," Eugene smiled a little, tutting as he shook his head. "Turn around. He's shy."

I sighed, but gave Amari one last teasing wink, laughing at his scowl and turned. Eugene turned too and I made a show of tipping my head back with a yawn as we waited for him to strip.

Amari thew a book at my back and I yelped in pain when it hit me. Eugene burst into laughed and Amari snickered.

"You'll pay for that!" I warned him with a small smile at his daring behaviour.

There was no answer but the rustling of clothes being removed.

"You can turn back now," Amari called out shyly. I turned around. He sat on the floor, in the middle of the clearing of bookshelves, his shirt hiding his crotch. But it didn't stop my own dick from swelling a little at his half naked state. He just looked too damn delicious. 

"What now?" He asked as we approached. Eugene and I sat across from him and I gave Amari my full attention, watching him closely.

He scratched nervously at his arm, his hazel eyes unsure, his curls bouncing around his forehead when he moved. Amari's dark skin looked smooth and glowed in the sunlight. He looked beautiful.

"Think about your wolf Amari. What does Raven look like? What colour is his fur?" Eugene encouraged. 

"W-well... umm..." Amari lowered his head in shame. "I don't remember."

My heart hurt for him. He couldn't even remember his wolf, it had been that long. I couldn't imagine it. Izaak and I were one in everything we did. When we shifted it was like second nature. To think Amari hadn't experienced that for years was just saddening. 

I moved closer to Amari, hoping that a bit of closeness would help comfort him. He leant against me without putting up a fight and I rubbed my hand up and down his smooth side. "Just relax babes. Try and focus."

Amari clenched his eyes shut, his forehead wrinkling as he forced himself to focus on his wolf. It didn't seem to work.

"Okay," Eugene decided, tapping Amari's thigh for him to stop. "How about letting Raven take over. He may be able to focus on his wolf form a lot better than you can Amari."