Chapter 18

A/N: Happy Sunday! 😙🌄

Chapter contains a little sexy business - you've been warned 😏

Amari POV

"Stop staring, creep," I muttered, tugging up the towel over my bare torso to shield my poor nipples from a certain someone's gaze.

"The last time I checked, having eyes was free," came the lazy reply of my mate.

I huffed, glaring at Luka. He was sprawled out on the bed, eyeing me up like I were a sticky, bbq kebab on a skewer and he was a very hungry man. It was making me feel all hot and bothered. 

I didn't need to be hot and bothered right now. I was going to meet Jamison's parents this morning. Then, I had my first training session with the pups. There was no time for any such sexual activities he was obviously thinking about inside his head.

Luka pushed his strong fingers through his golden hair, tugging it back into a low bun that made him look too damn sexy for his own good. He wiggled his eyebrows and shot me a wink.

"You're doing it on purpose!" I accused, holding back a whine. This was a serious day! He wasn't taking it seriously!

Luka burst out laughing. "Babe! I've been sitting here minding my own business like the innocent person I am! Why are you attacking me?!" He sat up, giving me a what the hell have I done?! kind of look.

I huffed, pulling up my panties and tugging on a t-shirt. I wasn't attacking him. I was simply pointing out his distracting behaviour.

"Does my existence bother you?" He tilted his head, pouting up at me like a pup. Baby.

"No," I sighed. "It's just internally frustrating-"

He threw a pillow at my head. I caught it with a roll of my eyes and a small laugh. "So immature."

"You know what?" He fell back on the bed with a dramatic huff. "One day, I'm gonna spank you and you're not gonna like it, but you'll deserve it for all the mean things you say to me."

"Are you feeling hurt?"

"Yes. In my heart," he beat his chest with his fist. "But I'm a strong dude. I'm not crying."

I laughed, pulling on my jeans and socks. "Did your dad ever put you in drama classes?" I asked curiously as I rummaged about his draws for one of his jumpers.

"For a little while. I didn't like it much," he shrugged. "They wouldn't let me shine. The pretty kids got all the solos."

"You're pretty," I hummed.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"Can't you tell that I'm sulking?"

"Yes. I can tell. Are you not concerned that your twenty-one-year-old-alpha-ass is acting like a petty, three year old?" I sang.

"Ouch," he jerked on the bed. "You've wounded me."

My cheeks were beginning to hurt from smiling so much at his antics. So silly. And cute. But mostly silly. Raven was swooning.

"Aren't you going to ask why I'm sulking?"

"I know why. Clingyness is a curse." I chuckled. He was sulking because I wasn't spending the day with him - like I hadn't spent the whole of last night in his arms. My insides were all warm and tingly knowing that he really wanted to spend time with me. But we'd have to get used to being apart sometimes. Besides, it was only for a couple of hours.