Chapter 17 - Negotiation

Luka POV

I am a strong, independent, young alpha. I have almost four hundred wolves under my protection and care. I kill rogues like child's-play when they attack. For God's sake, I'm a twenty-one year old, almost seven foot tall freaking werewolf.

I'm not giving in. No way. Not even when he was looking at me like that.

I crossed my arms defiantly over my chest, glaring at Amari. His cute little face was blushed toffee-red at his cheeks. His hazel eyes were sad and glistening and his bottom lip was trembling.

I frowned. Stay strong Luka. Don't let him get to you.

Amari sniffled. He rubbed at his watery eyes as he squirmed on his socked feet, his slightly too large t-shirt hanging off his shoulder and baring his collar bone, making him look smaller than the five-ten omega he actually was.

It was a trap

"I-I just wanted to help them," he whimpered, staring pitifully at the cage full of puppies and kittens. "If I was a full breed, you'd of left me with  the homeless man on the side of the street, wouldn't you!"

"Now wait a fucking second - what the hell does this have to do with you and I?!" I frowned at his tactics.

"Avoiding the question," he sniffled again, shaking his head, his eyes wide, his lip trembling harder. Fuck. I could feel my insides turn to mush as I got sucked in to his manipulation spell.

"You would've left me to die. That's not very nice," he turned away from me, making a show of hiccuping back his tears. "I thought you had a heart."

"Baby," I tried to grab him but he scampered away, out of my reach. I'm pretty sure he did that on purpose, his pert bottom moving sensually behind him. I swallowed hard, wanting to just say yes so he'd come back here and let me hold him.

What the hell is happening right now?!

"I just wanted to help them, but you said I can't give them a home... a family," he squeaked. "So mean."

I didn't like being labelled the bad guy. I felt like crap now. Like I'd just drowned a baby. Like I'd just pushed an old lady down the stairs. What were these unfamiliar feelings of guilt running through me right now? What the hell is he doing to me?

Amari peeked up at me through his lashes.  "I know my alpha doesn't like pets," he began.

My alpha? He never called me that. Why did it make me shiver?

"But, I thought he'd at least want me to be happy," he twisted his torso left and right, curling one of his soft ringlets of hair round his finger. "It'll break my heart if I have to say goodbye."

I watched him, my mouth parting and closing, not knowing what to say. What could I say?!

"Just give him what he wants!" Izaak gave in, growling in defeat at the puppy eyes being shot like daggers in our direction. "I will not be hated by my mate!"

"But six freaking little rats inside our room?!" I didn't like cats and dogs - no matter how upset-

Amari finally burst into tears.

"Fuck! Okay! You can keep one!" I rushed out.

"All of them!" He sobbed.

"Two then!"

"Three!"

"Fine!" I threw my hands up with a frustrated yell.

The flow of tears stopped immeadiately and I realised then that I'd just been fucked over. Amari's saddened face turned into one of success, a bright grin stretching his lips.

"Yes!" He clapped his hands, bounced twice on his feet excitedly and whizzed towards me.

What. The. Fuck.

"Thanks Luka!" He rushed passed me, patting me on the shoulder and fell down on his knees beside the cage, break down forgotten.

I'd just been swindled, taken advantage of, used, manipulated and abused in my own home. 

Ego wounded, I stood there, still in shock, staring at my mate who was too busy cooing and stroking his new furry friends to notice me.

"It's official. He has us by the balls," Izaak blurted, unable to help himself from slashing the wounds deeper.

"You don't fucking say," I grunted sarcastically, suddenly feeling very annoyed and pissed off.

Was I seriously going to allow him to get away with that? With using his cuteness and his tears and his adorable nature to walk all over me? All beause of those fucking rodents??No. I will not.  

"I'm gonna eat them."

"WHAT?! NOOOO!"

I lunged for the cage and Amari screamed in protest, intercepting my path. He jumped on me, wrapping his arms around my neck, his legs around my waist. He forced his weight back on top of me, throwing me off balance and we both tumbled back over the floor.

I held him against me so he wouldn't hurt himself before rolling us and pinning him on his back. "I'm not a happy wolf Amari."

"I know. But that doesn't mean you have to turn to cannibalism," he pouted, glaring up at me with his intelligent hazel eyes. 

"Are you calling me a dog?" I narrowed my eyes with a scowl.

He displayed a cheeky grin. "Maybe. When you act like that," he shrugged.

I shoved his hands above his head. "Apologise!"

"If you say sorry for threatening my babies first!" He gasped.

"They're not your babies!" I'm your baby. Why was he favouring the mutts over me?

"They are! I saved them, they're mine.  Plus, they're only little! Don't you have compassion?!"

"I'm not falling for that again! Stop trying to make me feel bad Amari!"

"I'm not! I asked a valid question!" He protested, taking me of gaurd when he broke his hands free from my grasp and kicked up his knees, hitting me in the stomach and throwing me off him. I should've seen that coming.

Amari climbed over me, our positions swapped. He settled himself a bit too comfortably over my crotch, wiggling his bottom over my dick and leaning forward so our faces were inches apart.

He smiled that beautiful smile of his. "Thank you for letting me keep some of them," he whispered gently, rubbing his hands over my pecks.

"What if I've change my mind?" I grumbled, setting my hands on his hips and holding them steady, brushing my thumbs beneath his shirt to caress his soft skin.

"No changing," he smiled, leaning forward and kissing my lips. "A deal's a deal."

It was an unfair deal. But, I knew I wouldn't do anything about it. He was happy so I was sort-of happy. At the end of the day, Amari and his wants and needs came first. If he wanted the fucking mutts, he could have them.

"If you play nice, you might get along," he sang gently, ghosting his lips up my jaw and I tightened my grip on his waist.

"I seriously fucking doubt that. But, I don't care about them anyway," I grunted. "You've wounded me. Make me feel better."

"You're such a big baby," he giggled, but got to work kissing my lips, running his hands through my hair.

I held him close, taking control and gripping his neck to keep him where I wanted.

Amari did make it up to me in the end. His mouth and hands worked wonders. 

I promised myself I'd never fall for his little mind games again, but it wasn't a given that I'd be able to keep that promise.

Amari was just too good.

A/N: A little short extra lol, because I was bored. Make sure you've read chapter 16 before this! 🤗

Luka's whipped guys...

#pray4luka2k19 😂😂😂