Chapter Six

Nadiya's POV

I rip Luka off of me as I watch HYDRA agents swarm into the room. Thirteen, fourteen, fifteen. I think as I silently count the number of agents.

Per usual, they have their guns pointed at us ready for open fire. Not wanting to start anything, I put my hands up. Luka on the other hand, holds his ground.

"Luka, what are you doing?" I whisper in a harsh tone. "We can take them." He whispers back. "Are you nuts?!" I whisper yell. "Maybe just a little." He smirks.

Luka slowly stands up and puts his hand out to shake. "Hey, I'm Luka. Don't think we've met, what's your name?"

At this, I mentally face palm. We are being held at gun point and he wants to make friends? Unbelievable.

"Get down on the floor!" One of the agents shout. "Woah, hey, don't need to be nasty. I just thought that if I'm going to die, I should at least meet my killer, ya know?" Luka says.

I scan over the agents. A couple of them give awkward glances to each other as they contemplate what to do.

"I said get down on the floor! Don't tempt me, I will shoot!" The same agent shouts.

Luka puts his hands up in surrender. "Trust me, I don't doubt that. All I want is a simple 'hello' handshake. Is that too much to ask for?"

The agents look at each other and give a slow nod. At this point, I'm completely dumbfounded. Until it hits me. The agent's hand he is trying to shake has the keys to the facility.

The importance of this? Well, besides the obvious that it unlocks everything, the people who get keys are very important. Only about eight out of hundreds get keys. If Luka can get them, we'd be able to get access to the weapons facility and take them out. Or maybe I could get my memories back?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Luka grabs the hand of the agent and tugs him forward into me. I already knew what Luka was doing, so I decided to help.

As the agent came towards me, I put my hand into a fist and hit him as hard as I could. Hard enough to the point where he actually flung into the wall behind him, knocking him unconscious.

Wasting no time, Luka and I start to take each agent out at a time. At the moment, I am surrounded by four agents on all sides. None of us daring to move first.

"What's the matter, boys? Scared of a little fight?" I say with a smirk. That seemed to tip the agents over, because they all came charging at me.

It almost seemed like it happened in slow motion. I watched all four agents charge at me. With my quick thinking, I jumped and did a back handspring onto an agent's shoulder. With the momentum of my legs coming down, I kicked his right knee sideways, breaking it.

Another agent takes a swing at me, but I dodge it. In the process, I grab his arm, make it straight, and push his elbow, making it break. Then, I spun kicked him in the head. To finish it off, I kicked him into the wall, making him fall unconscious. As his body slumps over, another agent comes over to me with a knife.

Fun fact about me: knives have never been my specialty. For the first swing, he goes for my head. I duck under it. Then he goes for my torso. Luckily, I jump backwards in just enough time. As I'm dodging all the knife swings, I'm too busy to realize that there was one agent missing.

I look over to Luka to see him in a heated battle. He was surrounded by five agents. On the ground around were another five agents. Three were already knocked out by me, and another two were by him.

Just finish them out. Once they're down, you'll be free. I thought. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a knife slicing my cheek.

I jump back in surprise. If only he knew what big of a mistake he just made. I charge at him and tackle him to the ground. As we tumble to the ground, I'm onto grab his collar slam him into the wall right behind us. I put my fist up, ready to knock him dead. Just as I'm about to have my fun, the other agent I had taken down decided to join again. He grabs my wrist and yanks me backwards. In the process, his knee collides with my stomach.

"You guys are really starting to piss me off." I say under my breath. I look over and see that Luka has already taken down the four of his agents and has one left to go. I look at the remaining my agents. "If you're gonna play dirty, so am I."

I backed away from them and prepared for my next move. I sprinted towards the man with a broken arm. Once in reaching distance, I grab onto his shoulder. Then, I do a flip so that my legs are around his head. I then fall side ways, bringing his head alone with me. I punch him several times to make him unconscious.

"Nadiya, we have to go!" Luka yells. I look towards the last agent. "You annoyed me anyways." I say bitterly as I pull out my gun and pull the trigger. As I stand up, I count the bodies. "Luka, how many agents attacked us?" I say a little worried. "Uh, I don't know, I think fifteen."

"There's only fourteen bodies here."
Luka stops in his tracks. "Oh you have got to be kidding me!" He says as he punches a wall. I run over to him. "Hey! Calm down. I get that you're mad, but I don't need you to ruin this. We'll find the guy, take him down, then try to get out of here will we still have a chance. Got it?"

"I hear you loud and clear." He says. As if almost on cue, a man holding a tiny blue bottle walks into the room. "You two should be celebrating, for you are going to learn the true power of HYDRA." He says with a smirk look on his face. He looks at the bottle in his hands, back to us, then chugs the whole thing.

Once there is nothing left in the bottle, he throws it to the ground and screams in pain. His veins turn blue, his eyes turn blue, and he grows about a foot taller with bulging muscles.

"Well that can't be good." I say under my breath. Before I can even think, the agent sends me flying through a wall.

The pain of the impact was too overwhelming. It felt like I had been hit by a semi truck ten times. I'm pretty sure I broke a couple of ribs, my collar bone, and dislocated my shoulder. The pain in my ribs is so significant that it hurts to breath. I try to stand, but everything in my body is screaming at me not to. But, me being the stubborn person I am, stand anyways.

I look over to see Luka lying of the floor and the agent hovering right on top of him. "Hey, ugly! Yea, you! Come get some!" I say as I sprint out of the room, ignoring Luka's protests.

At first I thought that my plan hadn't worked, and I'm just running throughout HYDRA. But I soon realize I'm wrong when I hear pounding footsteps coming after me. That's when the Super Soldier in me kicks in and I run the fastest I've ever ran before.

Surely enough, I find the doorway leading to the stairs. I rip open the door and start jumping down the stairs. I look at the number plastered on the wall. I just jumped down four flights of stairs. Basically, I'm on floor ten.

Cautiously, I open the door and start waking down the hallways. Everything is quiet, almost too quiet. Unfortunately, it was shortly lived. I hear this uneasy growl come from behind me. I turn around slowly, only to find that something big and green stood right in front of me. My first instinct was to shoot, and that is exactly what I did. I kept shooting until I realized I was out of amo.

"Well isn't that lovely." I say and I think of what to do next. I can't take him on, he's way to... huge. He's about ten feet tall with muscles as big as me. The green doesn't help his look at all.

Out of second instinct, I start running again. That is until he caught up to me and grabbed me. He whole entire figure fit into his grasp. As I get lifted into the air, I let out a scream. I had forgotten about my injuries until now. "Banner, let her go!" A voice says. With that, he drops me. As I collide with the floor, I let out a yelp in pain.

Seconds later, I have a two men and a women by my side. "Hey, it's okay, it's okay, we're here to help. We're gonna get you out of here, okay?" A different voice says. The last one I recognized as a female's voice. This one sounded as a male's voice.

I look up and my eyes widen. The Avengers are here, saving me. Never in a million years did I think this would happen.

Updated 8/10/19

AN: Just wanted to let you guys know, I've changed my username. I will be going by silent0wl from now on. Please leave comments! I'd love to hear what you guys say about the book so far and if you have any constructive criticism!