Chapter Ten

We all huddle around Cap, eager to hear his plan. We knew we didn't have much time before the agent came back for more.

"While you guys were in the lab, I was able to find one of HYDRA's scientists. With the right motivation, he was able to tell me some of the chemicals that went into the development of this thing." Cap said.

"Is there a way to kill it?" I interject.

"Yes. The tricky part will be trying to get the serum into his system. The doctor said that in order to do tests, they had to make a soft spot. Basically, everywhere on the agents body is impenetrable, except for the soft spot on the back of his neck."

"I call dibs on doing that." Luka says. I punch him in the arm as to say 'not on my watch'.

"Well do you know where the cure is?" Nat says. "Yes, but it's not in here. It's in a separate lab about a mile away." Luka says.

"Wonderful." Nat says sarcastically.

"I talked to Stark. He's going to get Clint down here to help us out along with himself. Nat - you, Buck, Luka, and Clint will take the trees. Keep watch on all fronts just incase if something goes wrong. Me, Nadiya, and Stark will go into the lab and find the cure. Thor and Banner will distract the agent and eventually lead him into our trap."

"Sounds good, Cap." I say. I then look over at Bucky. He seems off. Something's not right.

"Buck, are you okay?" I say, worryingly. He seems to have forgotten that we were all standing there, because the sound of my voice made him jump a little. "Yea, yea, I'm fine. Listen, how bout you and Luka go wait by the stairs. I have to talk to Steve here for a second." He says.

At first, I'm a little taken back. For some reason, I felt as if we had this connection. Like he would always include me. But then I quickly realized that I was being childish. I had only just met these people. Why would they even care about me?

"Oh, uh, y-yea. Sure. C'mon Luka." I say as I grabbed him arm. We then walked over towards the staircase and waited for the superheroes.

Bucky's POV

I couldn't help but feel bad for the look in my daughter's eyes as I told her to go stand by the staircase. I wish I could tell her our relation, but it's not the right time yet.

"You wanted to speak to me?" Steve said. "I don't like it. The plan, I mean. It's not that I don't trust you, because you of all people should know that I do, it's just that- "

"She's your daughter." Steve interrupts. "And your worried because she's not going to be with you."

"Exactly."

"Listen, Buck. I'm not going to let anything happen to her. She'll be safe with me. Why do you think I have you on guard duty? You'll be able to see who goes in and out of the place, and any threats coming from a mile away. Trust me when I say that this plan will work." Steve says as he rests his hand on my shoulder.

I give him a small smile. "I'm with you." I say. "Till the end of the line." Steve says.

"For the record, if anything happens to my daughter, I will personally deliver the consequences." Natasha says seriously.

Steve looks slightly frightened. "Duly noted." I chuckle at the look on his face.

"Alright, let's go!" I shout. With that, we all start running up the stairs. "Stark said he'd meet us on the first floor." Steve said.

Once we made it to the floor, we waisted no time in meeting up with Stark. "Well, well, well. The grandpa's made it!" Stark says enthusiastically.

Luka laughs. "Okay, yep. I like this guy!" He says through his laughter. Stark chuckles. But his laughter stops when he finally sees Nadiya.

"Woah, you really do look like them." He says. Nadiya's face instantly turns red. "Like who?" She asks.

I whip my head around to Stark and give him a glare that means a million words. By the look on Natasha and I's face, he could easily tell that we hadn't told her yet.

"U-uh, like a, uh.. A super solider! Yea, that. You look like you could take on anything. Heck, I'm pretty sure you could take on big green back there." He says as he points back to Banner.

"Smooth." I hear Clint whisper sarcastically.

"Oh, um. Thanks?" She says. "You're welcome." Stark says.

"Alrighty then, let's cut to the chase." Steve says. "Nadiya, this is Tony Stark. Over there, that's Thor. That's Clint Barton. In the back, that's Hulk. But when he's not that, he's Bruce Banner. You'll meet him eventually. Everyone, this is Nadiya and Luka."

Everyone exchanged a couple of hellos, then we started our mission. As we were greeted with the cold winter air of the outside, I quickly walked up to Nadiya and pulled her aside.

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you to be careful." I say. "This is dangerous, and I don't want you to get hurt. Promise me you'll be careful."

She stares at me. I can tell there is some pain in her expression, but she quickly wipes her face so she shows no emotion. "Yea, okay. You too." She says as she walks off.

"Daughter troubles?" Clint asks. I let out a sigh and a small chuckle. "I think so."

"Alright everyone, be on high alert. We are in enemy territory. If something isn't right, don't hesitate to speak up." Steve says.

"Yes ma'am!" Luka says. "I like this kid!" Stark says.

We were walking for about fifteen minutes before we finally reached the lab. Clint went up into the trees with his bow for a better view. I did the same thing, but I had my more preferred weapon. A sniper rifle.

I watched as Natasha and Luka went to their hiding locations. Then, I looked over to Steve, Tony, and Nadiya. By the looks of it, they were able to get into the lab successfully.

"Everything okay in there?" I ask over the coms. "So far so good. Turns out this place is an entirely different bunker. Might take us a minute to find the actual lab." Steve says.

Just as I'm about to respond, I feel everything shake from underneath us. I look up and see a flock of birds flying away from the area.

"What's happening out there?" Tony asks. "Not quite sure. Looks like a bomb went off. I'm guessing the agent found out what we're doing." Natasha says.

"I suggest that you all look faster." Luka says. "You're not helping, Luka." Nadiya says.

"Everyone be quiet!" I say into my earpiece. I look through my scope to find the trees moving. "Something's coming. Be ready."

The next couple of minutes we filled with an eery silence. Almost like the calm before the storm.

"He's here."

Updated 9/29/19