Chapter Eight

Nadiya's POV

"Why would he be after us?" I ask, slightly concerned. "Think about it" Luka says, "For years we've showed some sort of rebellion against them. Now that we actually have somewhat of a chance to escape, they don't want to risk it."

"Makes sense to me." Bucky says, "HYDRA always resorts to killing someone if they try to escape, they must be thinking ahead of time now. I've just never heard of this way."

Steve scoffs, "I don't think anyone has. I mean come on, mutations? Are they really that desperate."

"I guess desperate times call for desperate measures." Natasha says with a shrug. "I guess so." Steve says.

"So, what's the plan?" I say, urgent to get started.

"What if we found some way to destroy them from the inside out?" Bucky says. "You know, that's not that bad of an idea metal man." Luka says. Bucky points a finger at him. "Watch it."

"Boys, be nice." Natasha says. "What if we were able to sneak down into the lab?" I say. "Find out what the serum was made of and find a cure. Then maybe some others can go to the weapons facility and see what they can find."

"That's not a bad idea," Steve says, "but we're going to have to find the keys to the weapons facility."

Luka gets the keys from his pocket and starts twirling them around his finger. "Already got that taken care of."

"Do we know of any guards?" Natasha says. "I highly doubt that they would leave a lab, or yet a weapons facility, unguarded."

"We'll just have to take them down and make sure they don't alert others. Luka, you're with me. Nadiya, you'll go with Nat and Buck. You guys okay with that?"

"Sounds like a plan old man." Luka says with a smirk. "Seriously?" I say. "Oh come on, I had to." I roll my eyes. "Let's just get this over with." I say as I begin to walk over to Bucky and Nat. Luka then grabs my arm.

"What?" I say as I turn around. "Be careful, okay? This thing wants both of us dead, and who knows where it is. Just, don't get yourself killed. I don't know what I'd do without my best friend." Luka says sheepishly. "I'll hold up my end of the deal if you do the same." I say as I give him a hug.

Once we break from the hug, we go our separate ways. "Remember, if anything goes wrong, use your communicator to get in touch. Always stick together. If you need backup, we can get Stark and his team down here if they aren't busy. Got it?" Steve says.

We all nod our heads in agreement. "Alright. Buck, you guys will be going to the thirteenth floor. Nadiya, I assume you know where to go from there?" Steve asks. "Yep, I got it there." I say. "Good. Luka and I will be heading to the fifteenth floor. Good luck and be careful."

Once Steve finishes his speech we all say a couple 'will do's and 'you too' before we head off.

As we run down the dark, narrow hallways, we stop when the building starts to shake intensely. So much to the point where I loose my balance and fall to the ground.

Almost immediately, Natasha helps me up. "You okay?" She asks me. "I'm good." I say. Once the shaking stops, we all just look at each other in confusion. Our questions are answered when we hear a loud shout.

"Is that who I think it is?" I say in a whisper. "Yep." Natasha says as she grabs my arm and starts to run. Eventually, we reach a door leading to the stairs. "Go, go, go!" Bucky says as he catches up with us.

"It's locked!" I say. "Move out of the way!" Bucky shouts. I quickly move away from the door frame as Bucky kicks the door down.

Once the door hits the ground, we sprint down the stairs with occasionally jumping a few steps. Finally, we hit floor thirteen.