Chapter One: Rose and Thorne

Roses Are Red

Disclaimer: I don't own Doctor Who, obviously, nor do I own Thorne or the ideas surrounding her.

Note: I have finally decided to return to this story after Lydia Faith's (aka DevilsPuppetMaster's) death in February. I will be sticking to the original plot of the entire series and not deviating from anything so all of these plans are from DevilsPuppetMaster.

Actress: Sabrina Carpenter

Dedication: This story is entirely dedicated to The Devils Puppet Master aka Lydia Faith who died of Brain Cancer on the 1st of February 2019 after a 7-year battle. I have been asked to write this story by her loving parents who wanted her last wish to be fulfilled even if she was no longer around to see it. Lydia was only 19-years-old when she died, and she deserved so much longer. REST IN PEACE.

~{CA}~

{When Rose Tyler and her younger sister meet a mysterious stranger called the Doctor, their lives will never be the same again. Soon Rose realises that her mum, her sister, her boyfriend and the whole of Earth are in danger. The only hope for salvation lies inside a strange blue box.}

~{CA}~

Chapter One: Rose and Thorne

"Thorne," she yawned, "it's time to get up. We've got work in an hour."

Staggering into the tiny closet-like bedroom of her fifteen-year-old sister, Rose Tyler did her best to ignore the IGCSE – a High School Diploma – hanging from the wall above the single bed in the left corner of the room. The nineteen-year-old muffled another yawn and rubbed the sleep from her muddy-brown eyes before stumbling towards the bed and, with as much force as she could muster in her half-awake state, ripped the duvet off the sleeping girl.

"Come on, I know your not asleep," said Rose, patting down her blonde hair and inhaling. "If you don't get up soon, I'm going to grab a mug of ice water and pour it on your head."

"Please don't," a soft voice grumbled from underneath the pillow.

Thorne Tyler gently removed the pillow from her head, revealing her platinum blonde hair, and turned so that her brown eyes connected with Rose's. Dream dust was still covering the corner of her eyes and she was very slow to stand up from her nice, warm bed. Rose watched her before rolling her eyes and pulling Thorne up by her outstretched arm and spinning her towards her wardrobe just as the seven-thirty alarm went off alerting them to the hour they had left to get ready and grab the bus.

Rose fled the room as fast as she could and dived into the bathroom to get ready. Thorne ran a brush through her curly hair, pulled on her dark blue shirt and work trousers and slipped on her trainers. She slipped her satchel over her shoulder and walked into the living-room – which was right outside her door as her room was across from the front door.