Chapter Five: World War Three

Roses Are Red

Disclaimer: I don't own Doctor Who, obviously, nor do I own Thorne or the ideas surrounding her.

Note: I have finally decided to return to this story after Lydia Faith's (aka DevilsPuppetMaster's) death in February. I will be sticking to the original plot of the entire series and not deviating from anything so all of these plans are from DevilsPuppetMaster.

Actress: Sabrina Carpenter

Dedication: This story is entirely dedicated to The Devils Puppet Master aka Lydia Faith who died of Brain Cancer on the 1st of February 2019 after a 7-year battle. I have been asked to write this story by her loving parents who wanted her last wish to be fulfilled even if she was no longer around to see it. Lydia was only 19-years-old when she died, and she deserved so much longer. REST IN PEACE.

~{CA}~

{Downing Street announces mankind's first interplanetary war, but the real danger is much closer to home. The Doctor, Thorne, Rose and Harriet Jones race against time to unmask the villainous Slitheen, but only Rose's mum and boyfriend hold the key to salvation.}

~{CA}~

Chapter Five: World War Three

"DOCTOR!" cried Thorne as the Slitheen held her in its iron grip.

The fear in Thorne's voice triggered something in the Doctor, his eyes went hard and a new vigour was installed within him. With stubbornness only the Doctor could possess, he grabbed the ID card, ignoring the static shock it was giving him in waves, ripping it off of his clothing and standing.

"Deadly to humans, maybe," snarled the Doctor, rage burnt like fire in his dark eyes, threatening to consume the Slitheen and all they stood for.

And, without a moment's hesitation, the Doctor pushed the ID card against the collar of the Slitheen, enveloping it in a blue sphere of electricity. Not just the revealed Slitheen, however, but the human version as well – which Thorne noted for later. The Slitheen instantly released Thorne, attempting to grab the ID card and remove it allowing the Doctor to grab Thorne's hand and pull her away.

They burst into the entrance hall, gaining the attention of everyone which the Doctor used to his advantage, yelling: "Oi! If you want aliens, you've got them. They're inside Downing Street. Come on!"

The Doctor released Thorne's hand, a subtle order for her to remain out of the firing line, and ran back into the room with a dozen armed police following behind him at close range. He returned a second later, though this time everyone's guns were pointed at him and Thorne. Slowly, the Doctor manovered them so that both he and Thorne had their backs against the lift, which she subtly called.

"Under the jurisdiction of the Emergency Protocols, I authorise you to execute this man!" cried the Slitheen in human skin.

"Well, now, yes, you see, er, the thing is, if I was you, if I was going to execute someone by backing them against the wall, between you and me, little word of advice –" Ding! The doors of the lift opened revealing their mistake. "Don't stand them against the lift!"

Immediately the two got in and closed the doors, breathing out a sigh of relief once they were out of the firing line. Grabbing Thorne's arms, he quickly looked her over, making sure there was nothing wrong with her and that the Slitheen hadn't damaged her in any way shape or form.

"I'm fine, Doctor, just a little shaken up..." said Thorne, smiling weakly. "If I never see another Slitheen, it will be too soon."

IRONY