Chapter Six: Dalek

Roses Are Red

Disclaimer: I don't own Doctor Who, obviously, nor do I own Thorne or the ideas surrounding her.

Note: I have finally decided to return to this story after Lydia Faith's (aka DevilsPuppetMaster's) death in February. I will be sticking to the original plot of the entire series and not deviating from anything so all of these plans are from DevilsPuppetMaster.

Actress: Sabrina Carpenter

Dedication: This story is entirely dedicated to The Devils Puppet Master aka Lydia Faith who died of Brain Cancer on the 1st of February 2019 after a 7-year battle. I have been asked to write this story by her loving parents who wanted her last wish to be fulfilled even if she was no longer around to see it. Lydia was only 19-years-old when she died, and she deserved so much longer. REST IN PEACE.

Chapter Six: Dalek

Upon stepping out of the Tardis, the three travellers were incredibly confused. They had arrived in what appeared to be a dimly lit corridor with a long red carpet running through the middle and display cases along either side of the wall. Wherever this place was, it was in pristine condition with not even a speck of dust anywhere to be seen. There were also no people ...

"So what is it? What's wrong?" asked Rose, stepping out so that she was standing beside Thorne.

She, too, looked around with a perplexed look on her face. Something was missing from this place and it didn't make any sense. If Rose didn't know any better, and she did, she'd have thought that the Doctor had landed in the wrong place.

"Don't know. Some kind of signal drawing the Tardis off course," the Doctor answered, gently stroking the blue exterior of his ship.

"Where are we?" asked Thorne, attempting to stop the nagging urge to touch everything.

Rose wrapped her arms around Thorne, keeping both hands at her sides, and gave her a sly grin. It appears that Rose remembered Thorne's habit of touching things when she didn't understand things. The Doctor glanced at them for a second before shaking his head and paying attention to the room around them in hopes of answering the question.

"Earth. Utah, North America... About half a mile underground."

"I genuinely want to know how you find this out," said Thorne, "but I also don't because that would ruin the majesty of you doing it."

"Sounds like me and Houdini," chuckled the Doctor.

"You met Houdini!" grinned Thorne.

"Guys, back on track please!" said Rose. "When are we?"

"Two thousand and twelve," answered the Doctor sheepishly.

It was at this point that the Doctor noticed the same display case that Thorne had wanted to touch earlier. The room was too dark to see what was inside the case so, like the smart person he was, the Doctor went looking for a light switch, while Rose and Thorne thought about the date and what that meant for them.

"God, that's so close. So, I should be twenty-six," said Rose with a laugh at the end.

"I'd be twenty-two," said Thorne. "Damn, that's weird to think about..."

"Yeah, it really is."

The Doctor let out a little cheer upon finding a light switch and was quick to turn it on. Slowly, the lights blinked into life, one section at a time, temporarily blinding the three travellers. Everything was a lot clearer now and the display cases had been lit up as well.