Chapter 7: The Long Game

Roses Are Red

Disclaimer: I don't own Doctor Who, obviously, nor do I own Thorne or the ideas surrounding her.

Actress: Sabrina Carpenter

Dedication: This story is entirely dedicated to The Devils Puppet Master aka Lydia Faith who died of Brain Cancer on the 1st of February 2019 after a 7-year battle. I have been asked to write this story by her loving parents who wanted her last wish to be fulfilled even if she was no longer around to see it. Lydia was only 19 years old when she died, and she deserved so much longer. REST IN PEACE.

~{CA}~

Chapter 7: The Long Game

"Solar flare activity has increased across space lanes five, five, six and all commercial flights are advised to avoid—"

The Tardis landed softly on the metal ground with no one around to see it. The air was still and artificial but it was close enough that the Tardis felt perfectly fine with allowing the Doctor to open her doors and exit with Thorne and Rose following closely behind him.

The room they had landed in was huge, bigger than the Tardis control room. Beside the Tardis was a golden five – possibly signalling what floor they were on – and all around the room was red, silver and gold. There were different art sculptures scattered about, or Thorne assumed they were art pieces.

"So, it's two hundred thousand, and it's a spaceship... No, space station, and er... try that gate over there," said the Doctor.

The Doctor settled himself against the second door of the Tardis as Rose took in all the information he had just said. Thorne was still staring at the beautiful structure when she felt herself being tugged over to where the Doctor was standing.

"Two hundred thousand?" Rose questioned.

"Two hundred thousand."

"Nice."

Thorne smiled and stood beside the Doctor, her back resting against the wall with the huge five on it. The Doctor sent her a wink as Rose turned to the Tardis doors and opened them, revealing a rather shell-shocked Adam waiting inside.

"Adam! Out you come," ushered Rose with a grin.

"I'm surprised your letting her show off," said Thorne quietly.

"Eh, she wants to impress him," said the Doctor with a shrug. "What's the harm?"

The smile the Doctor gave her was one full of mischief and glee as Adam stepped out of the Tardis, his jaw hitting the metal floor. It was then that Thorne realised something else and sent the Doctor a raised eyebrow.

"You also don't want to have to deal with him, do you?"

"Nope."

"Oh, my God!" gasped Adam, looking around in a manner that mirrored what Thorne had just done.

"Don't worry," said Rose, closing the Tardis door and sending the Doctor and Thorne a wink, "you'll get used to it."

"Where are we?" asked Adam, still shell-shocked.

"Good question. Let's see." Rose walked around for a minute, pretending to know what she was talking about. "So, er, judging by the architecture, I'd say we're around the year two hundred thousand. If you listen –"

"Yeah," prompted Adam.

"Engines. We're on some sort of space station. Yeah, definitely a space station. It's a bit warm in here. They could turn the heating down. Tell you what - let's try that gate. Come on!"