Chapter Four: Aliens of London

Roses Are Red

Disclaimer: I don't own Doctor Who, obviously, nor do I own Thorne or the ideas surrounding her.

Note: I have finally decided to return to this story after Lydia Faith's (aka DevilsPuppetMaster's) death in February. I will be sticking to the original plot of the entire series and not deviating from anything so all of these plans are from DevilsPuppetMaster.

Actress: Sabrina Carpenter

Dedication: This story is entirely dedicated to The Devils Puppet Master aka Lydia Faith who died of Brain Cancer on the 1st of February 2019 after a 7-year battle. I have been asked to write this story by her loving parents who wanted her last wish to be fulfilled even if she was no longer around to see it. Lydia was only 19-years-old when she died, and she deserved so much longer. REST IN PEACE.

~{CA}~

{The Doctor takes them home, but when a spaceship crash-lands in the Thames, London is closed off and the whole world goes on red alert. While the Doctor investigates the alien survivor, Rose discovers that her home is no longer a safe haven and Thorne discovers there's a price on her head.}

~{CA}~

Chapter Four: Aliens of London

Going home had been Rose's idea – one Thorne had needed at the time. Rose hadn't liked seeing the sorrowful expression that seemed to be engraved into Thorne's face after the death of Jabe and Gwyneth – which she had witnessed. The idea was that a trip home would be enough to cheer Thorne up if only enough to get her smiling again. And if this idea didn't work, Rose was going to pick up Thorne's babies – her robotics projects – and bring them into the Tardis.

The Doctor was just as concerned about Thorne as her sister was, though he had no clue in how to help her. All he could do was instruct the Tardis to keep her as happy as possible, which the Tardis had done gladly, but nothing had happened. He knew he was throwing both girls in at the deep end and Rose seemed to have taken to this life like a duck to water ... and yet Thorne had not. She was younger and he had miscalculated, perhaps she couldn't handle it. The Doctor now had to prepare for the possibility that Thorne might not return to the Tardis after this trip home. Honestly, he was heartbroken at the mere thought of it but he knew better than to deny the request – he wouldn't keep her here and Rose said it might help Thorne to go home, so he'd do as Rose instructed, if only to get Thorne to smile once more.

Thorne was led out of the Tardis by her sister. She winced at the change in lighting but smiled upon seeing where they had landed. Of course, she was somewhat disappointed to be back home so soon but she really needed to see her mother. To make sure her mum was alright.

"How long have we been gone?" asked Rose, looking around.

"Nothing's changed so it couldn't have been that long," said Thorne, shrugging Rose's arm off of her shoulder.

"About twelve hours," said the Doctor.

"Oh. Right," nodded Rose happily. Twelve hours could be explained rather simply, any longer though and neither Tyler would have gotten off lightly. "We won't be long. We just want to see mum."

"And I want to grab a few of my projects, the Tardis has been helping me plan some improvements," said Thorne grinning for the first time in a while.

"What're you going to tell her, your mum?" asked the Doctor, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know. We've been to the year 5 billion and only been gone, what, twelve hours? No, I'll just tell her we spent the night at Shareen's," said Rose, pulling her sister along towards the estate. "See you later."