Breaking 10 - Change of Heart

*Arlene's POV*

I thought Ailene's journal can easily help change Mago's view on love. I was wrong, it was harder watching him suffer as he tried to accept the truth about Ailene.

"Mago, that's enough," I tried to stop him from drinking more alcohol.

That was probably my evening mantra every time Mago gets drunk.

"Is he drunk again?" Dessa asked.

"He has been drinking alcohol since noon," I complained, "I even took all his beers in his fridge, but he took his wine collection and drank them."

"You better take care of him," Dessa suggested, "I'll take care of the bar."

"Okay," I agreed with her.

I sighed as I tried to figure out on how I can move him from his office to his private room until I finally decided to just assist him. I am suppose to pull him up when Ailene's journal feel from his lap. I thought of just placing it on his table but I got curious on the folded part of the journal so I decided to read that part.

Journal Entry 3

I decided to fulfill one of my bucket list. At first, I simply want to have a boyfriend – to experience the feeling of being with only one guy inside the campus. I want to experience having boyfriend who will walk with me to my class and who will wait for my class to finish. But being with Mago for weeks changed everything. He has become part of my system, like he is one of my veins that kept me alive.

I couldn't wait for him to make the first move because I do not have enough time to wait so I decided to profess my feelings and asked him to be my boyfriend. I no longer care what others would think when they'll hear that I was the one who confessed my feelings first; I'd die anyway.

*Mago's POV*

My head ached when I woke up. Reading Ailene's journal brought back all the happy and sad memories. She was the first to successfully enter my heart because she first admitted her feelings to me. Not that I am not capable of doing so, I am just skeptical about the term, 'love' and I think it was because of what happened to my parents. I thought I'll never knew love until I met Ailene. She was able to break my walls without me noticing it.

I turned to my side to look at Arlene. I guessed she decided to accompany me last night that's why she is now sleeping next to me. I watched her innocent face and realized that maybe because I see Ailene in her that is why she affected me so much. They both know how to play guitar, sing a song and is persistent in making me believe in love.

I brushed the hair away from Arlene's face and caressed her smooth cheeks. Am I ready to fall in love again? I sighed and leaned on the headboard. Maybe I need to learn to forgive first before preparing myself to fall in love. So I decided to continue reading Ailene's journal.

Journal Entry 9

I woke up in the middle of the night because I suddenly felt hungry. I was about to get out of my room to get something to eat when I heard my parents argue. I heard that our family's savings is running out due to my treatment. My dad is now worried about the future of my younger siblings but my mom refused to stop my treatment.

I guess it is time for me to go but I am worried about Mago. He does not deserve the pain of seeing me die and I don't want him to do anything desperate to keep me alive. I must end our relationship for him not to mourn for my death anymore.