Park Life: A Jurassic Park that worked

The air was warm and humid, the sky soft pink and purple.Stevie was stood up on a viewing tower perched just above the treeline. The night was drawing in quicker than ever before ready to snatch the personalities and colours from all. A white mist clung low to the ground. Some distance away, she saw the newly released mother and baby Triceratops moving away towards the rest of the group in the paddock.

To her left, she saw a herd of duckbill dinosaurs in an opposite paddock. some stood knee deep in in the water, dipping their heads to meet their reflections on the still water. they sharply look up alerted by the noise of a passing helicopter, their heads swiveling rapidly. At the waters edge, many of the babies ventured closer, squeaking and playing as they did before scrambling along the bank while the adults watched indulgently.

Far off in the distance,several Brachiosaurs poked their head over the high and luscious trees, bellowing softly as they do so.

It was a peaceful scene, a scene that should have been made a reality a long time ago.

JJ began his rounds once again as he did every morning, passing the Nursery and the baby dinosaurs playing actively,scampering along the ground, curiosity reigning over them as he wandered calmly passed.He waved happily, to Vice Deputy RJ and keeper Alexa as she cradled a Anatotitan baby lovingly, trying hard to prevent the tiny dinosaur wriggling free. He continued passed many enclosures, completing his rounds as he went.

He was about six foot tall with short curly brown hair covered by a small stetson. He was skinny and often smiled while he walked but not today.

Feeding dinosaurs, cleaning them out and caring for the first dinosaurs in 65 million years was hard work. He wondered cautiously if his life was to change and something exciting would happen instead of his tedious routine which he loathed. This was one of those mornings where talking to him risked your head getting bitten off.

His day dream suddenly disappeared thanks to the interruptive honk of a Charonosaurus mother. He had reached Nursery Creek, the parks maternity ward for the mothers and baby dinosaurs along with expectant mums.The dinosaur caringly nuzzled her sleeping twins as a heavily pregnant Edmontosaur announced JJ's arrival with a loud deep call. soon mothers all over Nursery Creek were calling JJ, a dawn chorus of content dinosaurs

With his final job done and a bellowing goodbye from a thankful Mamenchisaur male, JJ returned to his office where he met Stevie.

An outgoing and lively girl, she had long black hair which hung on her shoulder in a pony tail .A green streak also ran fluently down her neck, a green river beside a black bank. She was very helpful and tried any other job including her own. She had done them all. Dinosaur Midwife,Toilet cleaner and her usual job deputy to JJ.

"That female Parasaur is acting weird again, JJ"she said boasting her correct judgement,staring into a screen of CCTV from around the park.

This one focused on a female Parasaurolophus, a hadrosaur dinosaur from the Cretaceous period in the Maternity Ward, Nursery Creek. The dinosaur was a handreared dinosaur called Lucy. This was her first birth and the staff would usually only let her have one baby but because she acquainted with humans, it is thought she may let the staff help her care for them. The dinosaur was clearly stressed, pacing up and down between the hut and the fence. Her stomach was swelled and she kept crying plaintively.

"Hmmmmmmm"JJ said acompannied by a sigh from Stevie as she switched off the monitor

"These dinos are worse than modern day human mums when it comes to the birth" Stevie said sympathetically towards JJ

As they both got up to leave the office, Stevie's phone on her desk rang, the repetitive noise getting on JJ's dwindling nerves.

"Hello?"Stevie answered the phone "Right ok thanks Holly" she turned to JJ

"That was Holly, the vet's nurse, Lucy's gone in labour"...