Chapter thirteen

Pearl ran around the castle corridors with tears in her eyes, letter in her hand. Why couldn't she remember her way around? And her stupid high heels prevented her from going as fast as she could. But as she rounded a corner, she saw King Vito at the other end. He looked shocked to see her so upset as he turned his head towards her. Pearl instantly ran towards him, grabbing on to him tightly. As she weeped into his chest, he tried to calm her down. 

"Whats wrong darling?" he asked, running his fingers through her curly hair. It took Pearl a minute to re gain her voice back, but she managed to choke it out. "P-Peters Gone!" At first, Vito didn't understand what she meant. Wasn't her brother still in the castle? But the second he saw the letter in her hands, he understood.

He cupped her tiny face in his hands and stared deep into her eyes. "Its going to be okay Pearl. We will call a meeting, and instantly send out guards to go look for him. Okay?" She nodded along with him, wanting so badly see Peter. She shouldn't have neglected him as much as she had done.

***********************************************************************************************

Every one from the first meeting sat at the long table, except this time, King Vito sat at the head with Pearl holding his hand. Pearl noticed several of the men glare daggers at the two, but Vito just squeezed her hand. "Pearls brother has gone missing, as you all have probably heard. Guards have been sent out to go look for him and his captor. But the next order of business is to protect Pearl." 

They all nodded, except one familiar face who Pearl didn't like. "But why?" It was the King of sirens, Chases' dad. Every one rolled their eyes or growled at him like he was a monster. "Because the hunters are after me too. It says in the letter that if I don't give my self over, my mother won't live" Pearl said, trying to re gain her confidence. Vito smiled proudly down at her, rubbing the back of her hand softly. "Then lets hand her over. With out her, no war would take place. The second she chooses who she loves best, a never ending rampage would begin." The King back fired, smirking.

"You mean like the one where us humans were left in poverty?" Pearl asked, making every one silent; even the King. "Well, its true. The little boy I used to baby sit didn't know any thing about maths, or English, or how the human body works. It was all about the first time a werewolf shifts, or why wolves must run in packs. Why is that fair?" No body commented, so King Vito continued on with his plan, Pearl completely zoning out of the conversation.

***********************************************************************************************

"Mummy, why don't you spend time with me any more?" the little girl whispered, climbing into her bed. Pearl sighed, stroking Petals head. "Well, I'm very busy and Uncle Peter has just gone missing. But I promise, I'll take you for ice cream tomorrow." Petal instantly lightened up, closing her little eyes to go to sleep.

"Kid problems?" A voice said, making Pearl scream. "Hey, its only me" Vito said, checking the kid was still asleep.Pearl sighed, rubbing her head. "How the hell did you get in here?" She asked, but of course earned no answer in return. Pearl stared at him interestingly, not so sure what to think of the Man that stood in front of her. Some times he could be really sweet, but then just say something like-

"Stop staring, I know I'm handsome"

Yes! Exactly like that!

"Come on, I'm tired" he said, picking up Pearl bridal style and throwing her onto the bed. Pearl squealed, excpecting he landing to hurt a lot more than it did. Vito climbed in soon after, and pulled her in close, hugging her like a teddy bear. She tried her best to wriggle her self away, but Vito just held her closer to his chest. "Stop wriggling, I'm trying to sleep!" He moaned, begging her to stay still.

"Why would I be still when I could annoy you?" she said giggling quietly. Vito moaned and  sighed. "Because, darling, its called manners" he whispered, kissing her on the cheek. All joking instantly stopped as Pearls breathing got heavier. When she didn't react any further, he kissed her again at the corner of her lips.

Vito stroked her cheek slowly. "Have you never been kissed?" Pearl nodded and Vito smirked. "You don't know how badly I want to kiss you right now..." he muttered into her neck. "Then why don't you?" she dared, not quite sure if she knew what she was doing. Vito looked shocked for only a quick second, before going back to his normal expression. "If your sure..."

And so he did. They started ever so slowly, just a small kiss. But the further they went, the hungrier Vito got. He began to lick her lips, asking for an entrance into her cave. With such force, she could do nothing but let him in, going a long to his rhythm. The two continued to go faster, both moaning at their own accord. Until the second he began to rip his shirt off, Pearl stopped him. 

" No, Vito, we shouldn't" she panted, grabbing onto his hair. He continued to unbutton the top, almost completely ignoring her. "Oh yes we should" he said, going quicker as if he knew that she would stop him. "Vito! My brother is out there with a bunch of killers, whilst were in here making out. I can't do it, Vito. I just can't."

Vito looked down at his mate and nodded. It was clear to see that he didn't want to upset little Pearl any more. "Fine. Let me go get changed in the bathroom, I'll be back in a second" he replied grumpily, clearly not happy with the way things had gone. He tried to change quick, wanting to get back to her as soon as he could.

But when he returned, she was no longer there.

Words: 1017

Hiya!!!! Thanks for reading, if you got this far, just ask for a shout out and I will give you one x

Question of the day: Who is your fav character so far?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.