Chapter twenty eight

Pearl had started reading the diary that Blade had given her, and it was actually very interesting. She found out that her relative was a girl called Olivia, who was about her age at the time of writing. It happened just as the species had began to take over, when the most destruction took place. She was only twelve when her mother died, and she was left with a new born baby to look after all by her self. Luckily, she was able to bring the child up, even if it was tough on her.... Pearl found this story incredibly inspirational so far, not wanting to put it down... but was forced to when Blade came and sat by her on the couch. 

"Hey flower" he muttered as he pecked her lips, an arm over her shoulders. She smiled softly, placing the book down on the coffee table. Blade was so sweet and never agressive... he seemed too perfect. "So, Pearl, what was the palace like?" Katie asked. She was sat on the couch facing oppisite, with Beta Johnson. Beta Johnson still hadn't warmed up to Pearl, and it was getting on every ones nerves.

"Well, it was an incredibly huge place" Pearl started, trying to dodge any thing to do about her other mates. "And was all very fancy, and screamed expensive. But then again, they all did have fancy tastes" They all knew that by 'they', she meant all the mates who were of high royalty. Katie nodded, letting out a dreamy sigh. "I have always wanted to go to the palace... it always seemed so dreamy, a place of wonders and secrets" Pearl laughed at her fantazinsing. It wasn't all that; it was really very simular to the pack house, just a little bit bigger and empty. No people walking around as much, unlike their pack house.

"So, Pearl, what about your brother? You haven't really talked about him much" Pearl nodded, going off on a rant of memories. "He really was the best brother, bringing me up to be me. He was always kind, but firm in his ways. He wasn't a push over, not in any way. But he always had a soft heart, when you dug through the hard out side.... I really hope that he has found some body to love. He always did deserve it"

And Pearl genuinely hoped that he had. All through his teenage years, girls fathers were knocking on our door to see if he would marry them. But he always declined; he believed that when the time was right, some one would come up for him.  But nobody ever did. She could only pray that he was now living a happy life, hopefully with the girl of his dreams, not worrying about her.

"Hey Blade?" Pearl started, unsure if she should actually ask the question. "Do you think we could try to find out where Peter is? I just want to make sure hes okay..." Pearl played with her hands, looking down at her lap. Blade kissed her cheek softly, putting her hair behind her ear. He just nodded, smiling widely. "Of course, hes your brother! I knew you would ask eventually, you want to make sure sure that hes alright. Especially after all you've been through together"

Katie gave out a long 'Awwwwww', looking softly at Pearl and Blade. She then turned to John, smacking his arm hard. "Why can't you be more like that?!" John physically flinched, rubbing his arm arm hard. It was clear that he loved her to the absoloute bones, but that didn't change the fact that he was a dick head to every one else. "I try my best" he grumbled, more to him self as a personal note than to Katie her self. 

*****

That night in bed, Pearl stayed up looking at the ceiling. She hadn't once closed her eyes, despite the fact that she was feeling tired. She couldn't stop thinking about what she would call her children... there were so many great names out there, and it was a really tough choice. "Baby, what do you want to call our children?" She suddenly asked him, turning over to face him. "I don't know about the boys yet... but I think I have a name for our little girl" he said, running his thumb down the one side of her face. "Saffron jumped out to me..." he whispered, as if not sure whether or not she would like it.

Saffron. Saffy. Saf. Ron. Ronnie. So many different things that she could be called for short too. The name was very beautiful, Persian. It meant "gold leaves" as of course, it was a spice which came from a flower, which was also very fitting. Fitting because Blade would always call Pearl his little flower. 

"I like it" Pearl whispered back, smiling widely. "Now its just the boys that we need to decide on..." Blade smiled back, clearly happy that he got to choose the name of his little girl. "You like kids a lot, don't you?" he asked her, rubbing small circles on the back of her fragile hand. Sje just nodded sleepily, staring deepily in to her fiances' eyes. "Well, I was thinking that after the triplets, we might want to have more children... like, at least two..?" he asked wearily.

Pearl was taken back by his question. Another two? Of course, she would gladly have more children, but she had never seen Blade as a family man father. Did he really want two other kids for them to be kids? Or for him to ensure that he had at least one strong child to take the Alpha role over?  She didn't know, but would be happy to have two more of his children. 

"Blade, I would happily have twenty more of your children if that was what you wanted. I love children almost as much as I love you, so imagine how much I'm going to love our kids!" she spoke softly, cuddling in to his body. She heard him give out a sigh, which she guessed was relief. She laughed quietly. Every body saw Blade as this big, strong, scary Alpha. But she had seen his true side; a weaker side. A side where all he wanted was a family of his own, to love and care for. 

He really was just a puppy.

Words: 1059

Thank you so so much for still reading this!!! It means a lot to me, to see that your all still here.I do know that it has been a while since I updated, but I have been really busy. I am so happy at the amount of reads that I have gotten, I never planned for this book to get any attention at all, but it has done!

Question of the day: Who is your all time fav character from this book? 

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.