Chapter thirty three

King Vito P.O.V

Do you ever get that feeling where you want to rip some ones' artery out?

Well, I do. I have a lot of late. Those pathetic hunters are supposed to be helping us, and they claim to be 'expert trackers'. They tell us that they've learned a lot about her where abouts, but will only share very minimum details with us. I didn't want to do this in the first place, but we needed all the help we could get.

Pearl could be doing any thing right now... she might be tied up, kidnapped as we had guessed. But of late, I was wondering if she actually ran away. Maybe she did... maybe she got too frightened and ran away from her biggest fears;

Us.

But then maybe I was over thinking it... who am I kidding, its more likely than being kidnapped! I smashed a picture frame that had hung on the wall, which was now shattered in to tiny little pieces of glass, spread about the floor. My anger was getting the better of me. After meeting Pearl, I had promised my self to try to be better.... for her. But now that she wasn't here, I was going back to my loud, aggressive, arogant self.

I huffed as I continued my walk down the grand flight of stairs, towards the cellar. Lots of her other mates decided not to continue their stay at the castle, which was practically them saying 'I've given up'. Princess Evangeline hadn't wanted to go home, but her father had practically dragged her. He said that she needed a king by her side, and that she should stop messing with other peoples affairs.

Luke, too, had gone back to the vampire realm. But, surprisingly, not alone. He had taken some human girl he had fallen for with him. I was jealous, and thought that she would distract him from his work. But, I did trust him, so of course he was in charge of ruling the vampire kingdom whilst I was here. And then the fish boy. He clearly didn't want to leave either, but his father had too dragged him back. He claimed that he would only rule with Pearl by his side, but his father was sure he was going to change his mind.

That left me and three others. Of course, The Alpha and Beta lived here, else I would have guessed that Beta Johnson would have left a long time ago. And then that left prince Zachary. Elves and vampires didn't particularly get on, but we weren't really against each other either. I hadn't really excpected him to say. There was, of course, the language barrier between the two, as well as the fact that he had barely talked to her. But never the less, he insisted on staying on the castle grounds to help in any way that he could. 

But of course, none of us were really helping. It was mostly just the Hunters doing it all, whilst we got on with what we could. Prince Zachary was too busy learning English and watching that thing that Pearl holds so close to her heart. The Alpha obviously doing what he does every other normal day, coping with rouges and planning some rubbish not very important meetings. And then the Beat just mopes around all day, much alike me...

Except I like to think my moping has meaning. 

I continued to walk until I found my self in the dark cellar, where all the cells were to keep any body who dared question the king. There wasn't that many people locked up down there, surprisingly, but there was on person in particular. 

"You miss me already? Awww, I'm touched" That boy had a death wish, I swear. If he wasn't Pearls' older brother he would be dead by now. I looked at his face to see that it was still bruised and bloody (From dried blood, of course), and he had already earned a scar. It wasn't that scary or any thing; just a small slice to his right cheek. "Do you really want another beating already?" I said, entering his chamber, and then sitting on the disgusting floor next to him.

He was the only one who would listen.

"Dude, I'm not your councillor, I'm your flipping prisoner. If you want some real advice off of me, at least get my girl a blanket. Shes gonna freeze to death other wise." I looked across to see his fiance fast asleep. They had been down here for about a month, and only got water and very little food. The conditions were harsh, and I knew that I would hate to see my Pearl down here. I sighed, giving in. "Fine. I'll get her one after the advice. The better the advice, the thicker the blanket.

Peter grinned widely, sitting up straighter. "Ask away my brother". I raised a perfectly shaped eye brow at him. It had never accured to me that I was keeping my possible future brother in law in these conditions. It didn't really bother me though, but I knew that it would bother Pearl the second she found out. If there was any hope still left for us, there wouldn't be after she knew about the conditions her poor brother was kept in.

At least he had his fiance.

"How do I get her to like be back?" I said gruffily. I didn't really ever see my self going to human for help, but hey; every bodys life takes unexpected turns eventually. "Just.... be nice. Pearl likes nice people, especially ones that are never not nice" I glared at the boy. I asked for good advice, not a load of 'let's just tell what every girl wants'. "Elaborate, boy" I snarled. The boy just continued to grin, a very cheeky, knowing grin. "Exactly what I mean! You don't just need to be nice to her; you need to be nice to every one. If Pearl knows that your only being nice to her, she will definitely know that your faking it."

My gaze began to soften, not as hard as it was. He was right, of course. If Pearl wanted some body nice to be her mate, they had to be generally nice; not just nice to her, like I had originally planned to. I looked tot he boy again. "You better get my girl that blanket" I nodded, standing up. But before I left, he spoke again. "But next time; you should probably give blankets away for free. It's nicer"

I guess I had a lot of work to do.

Words: 1105

Heyyyy!!!!! Thank you guys so so much for reading this far on in the story. It really does mean a lot to me.

Question of the day: Why don't you guys answer questions of the day?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.