Chapter twenty six

Blades' P.O.V.

I sighed as I thought about Pearl. I loved her to the very bone, there was no doubt about that. I would want no other woman to be the mother of my children. Since I was young, I had always had always wanted to have a large, loving house hold. Before I met Pearl, I was a lost soul. I was a twenty five year old man, with a dead mate and no Luna. I was a mess. A ship wreck. I am guilty to say that I wasn't always the best Alpha, and could some times be a bit ruthless. But over all, I did okay, despite the circumstances.

I had had a tough up bringing. My mother was an alcoholic and my father... well, lets say he didn't believe in a loving relationship. I knew that my mother and father were not mates, but neither of them seemed to really care. My father needed a Luna, and my mother needed a husband. They had me, and me alone. Nobody else for company... it was always just me. And I never wanted to have a family like that when I grew up, to be where I am today. I wanted to have at least three kids, but now that I was getting them all at one... I wanted at least another two.

That would be five children... of course, I would only go through with it if Pearl was open and willing. I would never preasure in to some thing like that. We both needed to want to to grow a family together. And I already felt bad enough. She was going to be a mother at seventeen, Flipping seventeen. At seventeen, I was out drinking with mates and going out to see the world.... although human lives are very different, I'm pretty sure even in their community, teen pregnancy is frowned upon. 

It still hadn't properly hit me that I was going to be a father. At that very moment, sat at my desk, I was searching up names for our daughter and sons'. So far, i wasn't having much luck. I liked several names for our daughter, and practically hundreds of names for the boys'. I chuckled to my self. Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would one day be asat at my computer, searching up modern and unique names. I sighed with content, leaning back slowly in my chair. 

I had finally gotten my family.

At that moment, I heard her cute giggle and sweets sweet scent. I sighed again, quickly getting up out of the desk chair. She was back later than we had agreed, but I knew and trusted Katie very well. I knew that she wouldn't allow her Luna to be hurt, and had seemed to become great friends with her any way. I ran in to the living room and grabbed Pearl from behind, twirling her around and pulling her closer. I leant down and let my lips swallow hers. She deepened the kiss, and we could have gone on forever...

But thats when I saw him.

A guy, about my Pearls' age, was stood there awkwardly next to Katie, bitting his lips. He looked weak, but I could tell that he was not a human. And when I took a step closer, the power hit me in a crashing wave. 

Yep.

This guy was definetly strong.

But he had almost no muscle on him, which led me to believe that he was a person of magic. I growled at him, narrowing my eyes. "Little flower, whose this?" I managed to grunt out, holding on to her hand tightly. I could hear her small giggle, despite her efforts to hold it in. "Don't worry, hes just a friend. He was one of my mates.... but now we've both moved on, clearly" I snorted. Yeah right. Like a guy would just move on from a mate as wonderful as Pearl. To be honest, I don't know how I managed to be gifted with such a perfect girl.

"Hi, I'm Luke Greener, Second in command of the Vampire sector. But, obviously not a vampire" he stated, laughing at his own sad joke. I shook his hand reluctently, knowing that my flower was watching me.His grip was strong, so I gripped back stronger, as warning to him.

 A warning for him to back the hell off whats mine.

Once we had let go, his hand was red and looked sore. He flinched slightly as he flexed it from the pain. A simple movement that could have many reasons. It could be him saying 'I surrender, she is all yours!' Although, from his facial expression, that was unlikely. It could also be him saying ' That's all you've got? Well then bring it on!'. 

Although it was probably just him trying to adjust to the pain.

"Pearl tells me that your the father of the babies" Pups, I mentally corrected him, but couldn't bring my self to say it out loud. "Good luck being a father. I hear its a tough job, especially looking after little wolves. I know for a fact that its gonna be a while before I have kids, and there is only one person who I would want to mother them."

My jaw clenched tightly at his comment. Pearl was mine, and he should just back away whilst he can. Couldn't he see that she was happy and that she already had children of her own on the way? Before I could even get a word in edge ways, Pearls excited little voice piped up. "Oh Luke! Whose the lucky girl?!" Luke smiled fondly at my mate, and I growled quietly in warning. If he even mentioned the letter 'P', then I was going to snap his flimsy neck in half. 

"I don't actually know her name.." he started off, which actually calmed my nerves ever so slightly...  although I was till suspicious, as he could just begin describing her and not say her name as a cover. "Shes a maid up a the castle. Medium length red hair, beautiful green eyes... I have talked to her several times, but its hard, since I'm a guest and shes a staff member. I get super nervous around her, that I don't even have the guts to ask her what her name is..." 

To be honest, I felt sorry for the poor guy. I knew just how he felt... you get so nervous around the one person that you feel for more than any body else in the entire universe. At first, I didn't know how to act around Pearl. She was just the small human that was on the run and needed some help. And then once I realised that she was my second chance mate, I planned to take it slow. Slowly gain her trust over the course of a few weeks... but of course that didn't happen. The day after I met her, we kissed by the lake in the woods...

Not the way I planned to do it, but hey;

Not every thing can be as perfect as her.

Words: 1195

Question of the day: Blade or Luke?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.