Chapter twenty five

Lukes' P.O.V

I smiled as I watched a man propose to his girl in the middle of the shopping centre. Even from this far, I could tell they were human. They had no power radiating off them at all. Even though us creatures don't really waste our time on humans, every species around clapped hard. It was o cute. She, luckily for him, accepted his proposal and kissed him instantly. 

I sighed sadly as I walked away. As much as I hated to admit it, I still had a place for Pearl in my heart. It was harsh, really, to put me up against all of those kings, and alphas... I never really stood a chance. Sure, I was the second in command in the vampires sector. But it wasn't even for my own species! What does that tell people? That I mixed with the wrong kind of people when I was younger? That I was disowned my the magical community and was taken my the blood sucker?

But after a lot of thinking, I've come to terms with the fact that she will never be mine. And to be honest. I had kind of started to fall for some one else in the duration of the time she had been gone. Shes a human, which would usualy be frowned upon if you are anything but a vampire, but I think all things considered, it should be fine. I mean, a future queen will be human, so why can't I fall for one?

The girl I fell for works at the castle in the werewolf sector, and shes really nice. Shes just one of those people that every body like and you can't help but love... but I think that I am actually falling for the poor girl. She had silky strawberry blonde hair, a really light colour when the sun hit it. And her eyes were a startling green, so piercing that I don't think that I have ever seen any thing quite a like them. 

I was busy thinking about the girl when I saw her... Pearl. Pearl was there, right in front of me. I don't know how I didn't sense her sooner. And dare I say, she looked ravishing.  Her hair seemed to have grown longer, if it was even possible. It was already the length of a tape measure before she had been taken, and now it was ... wait. Pearl had been taken, kidnapped... then why was she so happy? Why was she out shopping with this other werewolf girl? Yes, not a hunter, but a werewolf. "Hi Luke" she whispered, smiling shyly. I just smirked at her.

She was still as shy as a robin.

I instantly went up to her and wrapped my arms around her, surrounding her in to a hug. She had gotten more meat on to her bones and... and a small bump situated on her stomach. I looked down in shock horror... okay, maybe more shock than horror. I wasn't really one to go start accusing people of different things. I looked to her, about to ask, when she spoke. "Luke" she started, soft but firm. She seemed a lot more confident than what I had remembered. And I kind of liked it... she was still small and shy, but was now stronger.

More her self.

"I will tell you every thing you want to know, I promise" I looked at her, trying to smile. Here comes the tricky bit. "But you need to promise not to tell any one else that you saw me... or that you know where I am. Me and the people I love could get in to a lot or pain if you were to ..."I instantly put a hand over her mouth, nodding strongly. Of course, if she didn't want me to, I wouldn't tell on her. It only seemed fair that she be given a chance to make a life for her self, with out all the trouble. But there was some thing that I wanted in return..

"Alright" I said, looking directly in to her perfect blue eyes. I gulped. "Only if I'm allowed to visit you when I can. Its un safe to send letters, and I want to make sure that your okay" Pearl just bit her bottom lip, and oh, it was so cute. he just looked to the werewolf with wide, begging eyes. The wolf eyed me up and down before sighing. "Sure. I' sure we could convince Blade" 

I smiled cheekily, raising my eye brows at my human mate. She just giggled, showing off her teeth. It was one of the few times that I had seen her genuinely smiling. Like, a real smile. "So..." I said, putting my arms out in front of me, directing it at her stomach. If she really was pregnant, it would have had to have been with another species. The bump wouldn't have gtoten that big yet, unless she got pregnant the night she was taken...

OH God.

Instant thoughts hit my mind... thoughts that I din't want to think. But before I could ask, she just smiled even bigger. "Well, I obviously have a bun in the oven" she started, looking down fondly at the bump. "But I'm actually pregnant with a werewolfs..... triplets" I gasped, laughing at her. Only Pearl would go and get pregnant with triplets in her few weeks absence. "Well, you see, I found out that I have another mate. And, well, we really clicked, and he wasn't some power hungry king, soooooo yeah. I'm going to be a mother!"

I congratulated her, talking with her and the she wolf about baby names. Some really weird names came up, but also soem good choices. The she wolf wanted to call one of the boys Keion, and I swear that I almost threw up. Who would name their kid that? And when i discovered her kids names, they sounded suprisingly normal compared to her name choices for Pearls' babies. 

After a short chat, the girls said they had to go back to their pack. I suggested that I come with them. Although hesitant at first, I managed to convince them by saying it would just be a quick swing by. They agreed, seeing as it was part of the deal to know where Pearl was staying at all times. As we left, I calmed my nerves.

Lets just hope the Alpha likes me.

Words: 1066

 Thanks for still reading this book! We are getting more and more reads every single day and I thank you all for that!

Question of the day: Who would you choose? Blade o Vito ?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.