Chapter Eight

~Saturday 19th January 2013~

Despite still having had barely any sleep, Eden awoke in a good mood for once. At least that previous night the lack of sleep had been intentional, and more than enjoyable. Usually, Eden would feel some shade of regret for sleeping with a man he had just met but he didn't experience any sense of that that morning. He was happy, undeniably and very simply happy.

He didn't even mind the subtle ache that throbbed through his lower body, it was only a slight discomfort, nothing to dwell on severely. It was a memory of the previous night, a physical, tangible one that Eden would be able to feel for the next few days. There was nothing wrong with it, he actually quite liked the idea. At least he could focus in on that pain rather than anything mental. It was the emotional agonies that he would prefer to forget.

Sitting up slowly, Eden looked to his right, a small smile appearing on his face when his eyes met Lex's slumbering form. The man looked flat out asleep still, but didn't snore, which was probably good. Eden got barely any sleep as it was, he didn't need what little he was gifted with to be disrupted by a snorer. His breathing was peaceful, his facial muscles twitching every so often, indicating he was likely having a dream. Eden hoped it was a pleasant one, he had been plagued with enough nightmares to sympathise with anyone else's.

Taking a moment to himself, Eden looked around Lex's bedroom, having not had the true opportunity to the previous night. He had been far too focused on every little sensation, rather than the environment around him. There was only low light in the room but Eden could see the majority of everything around. It wasn't a very cluttered room, similar to Eden's, everything seemed to be well placed and organised.

The walls were a muted blue, littered with shelves of trinkets. It looked to Eden like the man had travelled a lot, judging by the various odd statues and other out of place items. Eden felt a jolt of jealousy through him, he had always wanted to travel, he hadn't really had the opportunity. He had wanted to go somewhere with his family, had been on the verge of planning a trip when... Well, maybe some other time, in some other life, he would get to go on that trip.

"Morning, angel," Eden returned his gaze to Lex when he heard the man's hoarse, low voice, trying not to dwell on how it sent blood rushing to his cock. He had always had a thing for early morning voices, they were often just so attractive. And morning sex was always the best, slow at first, building gradually as you awoke more and more. Eden missed that.

"Morning," Eden smiled, allowing his gaze to drift over Lex's bare chest, wishing silently that the covers didn't just happen to sit right at the man's hips.

"Did you sleep alright?" Lex asked, dragging a hand through his mess of curls as he sat up, "stupid question really, we didn't exactly have much time to sleep," Lex rested his other hand on Eden's back, rubbing small circles on his tense flesh, "I have pain killers if you're hurting."

"I can take it, it's not that bad," Eden ran his fingers up Lex's arm, trailing them over the tattoo on his bicep, "who's Adrian?" Lex simpered, following Eden's gaze to the slightly faded tattoo, not looking too happy to have it emblazoned on his skin. Maybe Eden shouldn't have asked.

"Someone who didn't last forever, unlike the tattoo will," Lex certainly could be cryptic when he wanted to be, "my ex," he reiterated in a quieter voice, his eyes meeting Eden's tentatively. Eden tilted his head to the side slightly, a soft frown darkening his face, unsure of how to approach that comment exactly. Humour, he thought, humour was probably a better option of the little that he had.

"Does that mean I'm your rebound?" even in the dim light of the room, Eden caught the blush darkening Lex's cheeks, maybe humour hadn't been the way to go. Lex looked awfully guilty, but Eden merely shook his head, cupping the man's cheeks and pressing a long kiss to his lips.