Chapter Thirteen

~Sunday 3rd February 2013~

Eden hadn't slept as well as the previous night for months. He didn't wake up at all and he actually felt well-rested in the morning. He didn't want to entertain the possibility that his perfect slumber was due to Malcolm cradling him all night, if he thought too much into that he'd start to long for the man every evening. He already did that enough as it was. He would only be able to deny his degree of obsession for so long.

Eden wasn't sure what time it was when he woke, but it was light outside so he would have to assume it wasn't too early. He didn't want to get up, far too comfortable laying in the same position he had fallen asleep in, resting with half his body over Malcolm's. However, he couldn't help wanting to see more, wanting to take advantage of the opportunity he had been given.

Tilting his head back ever so slightly, Eden noticed Malcolm was still fast asleep. He looked peaceful, his lips parted ever so slightly and breathing slow, Eden couldn't help wanting to lean up and cover those lips with his own. Technically, it wouldn't be wrong, he would just be finishing where they had left off the other day. Then again, Eden had yet to talk to Malcolm about that, he was still unsure whether the man regretted what had almost occurred that day or not.

Eden caught himself comparing Malcolm with Lex in his mind, only their appearances really, it was to be expected, they weren't exactly similar looking. Lex's hair hung in chestnut curls, whereas Malcolm's was straight and a few shades lighter. Malcolm also showed more signs of ageing, since Lex was only twenty-two, twelve years younger than the man physically. Although Eden wouldn't admit it to Lex, he preferred an older man, they simply had a more rugged, sophisticated look to them. Then again, maybe Eden only thought that since he had developed feelings for Malcolm.

Malcolm also had a much more muscular physique. Eden could see through the thin t-shirt the man was wearing that he had spent a long time ensuring his body was at the top of physical fitness. Lex worked out, Eden knew that, but his body was nowhere near where Malcolm's was. Speaking of Malcolm's body, Eden bit down on his bottom lip when he noticed the man's shirt had ridden up ever so slightly, revealing the clean-cut lines of his abs.

"You're staring, bunny," Eden felt heat flare into his cheeks when he heard Malcolm's voice, his eyes immediately averting from the man's abs, "nothing wrong with looking," Malcolm added with a brief chuckle, his hand travelling down Eden's back slowly, stopping just above his ass. He was teasing the boy on purpose and it was working more than well, "how are you feeling?"

"Better, my wing doesn't hurt anymore," Eden sat up slowly, looking over his shoulder at the bandages keeping his wing folded up.

"Do you want me to take them off? Ari said your wing would be healed by now," Eden merely nodded, biting down on his bottom lip as Malcolm sat up and began unwinding the bandage. He didn't want to risk his lips betraying him and allow any noises to slip out, it would only worsen the blush he was wearing. Yet, Malcolm's fingers brushed over the feathers on his wings more often than not, sending a jolt of pleasure through the boy each time, making him shiver.

"Are you sure you're not in pain?" Eden met Malcolm's eye, having not realised the man was looking at him with a concerned expression. Eden didn't even have to say anything for Malcolm to understand that pain wasn't the sensation that was affecting him the most. It was something that made the situation far more complicated.

"Did you sleep well?" Malcolm asked, clearly just trying to make small talk, not realising that Eden was barely able to keep his breathing in check, let alone hold a conversation, "Arian always used to complain that the couch was uncomfortable but I didn't think it was that bad, it was nice sleeping with someone else in the house too, comforting, I suppose," when Malcolm had removed the bandage completely, he began running his fingers through Eden's wing, shifting the feathers so they weren't stuck down in the same position they had been in all night.