Three || Mates?

~3rd Person~

"Are you ready for tonight?"

Mason Figuroa nodded as he wiped the sheer sweat coating his shirtless body with the towel his mother handed him. Luna Krista gently tucked her hands behind her back, her petite frame heavy with child as she stretched.  

"How's my litte sister doing?" The fifteen-year old's interest was always on the little one he would swear to protect the moment she was born. 

 "She's a rambunctious little girl. I think she moves around a lot more than you ever did. But then again, I was pregnant with you so long ago, I can't really remember," She giggles and Mason rolls his eyes. The luna had gone through many miscarriages between Mason and this new blessing so the entire pack was anxiously awaiting her birth. 

"I'm not that old mom," he defends himself and the Luna of the pack pats her tall muscular son on the back.

"Hey before you know it, you'll have a mate who will give you so many pups, you won't know what to do with them. It will happen trust me, I've praid feverently to all the gods for your little mate's fertility," Luna Krista says in front of the half young males in the pack who were training with the Alpha's son that day. 

"Mom, you're so embarrassing," Mason blushes through his tanned skin as groans. The Luna rubs her stomach as she walks back towards the pack's house. 

"It's time for you to get ready anyway sweetheart, you'll find your mate in an hour," She mentions and Mason's eyes quickly flicker to his watch. 

"Shit," I quickly rushed up the wooden stairs of the massive cabin, hidden in the thick wooded patch of the island where no one could find them. 

Mason practically turned into the flash as he showered and changed into a simple black t-shirt and jeans for the party. Knowing he would have to take them off anyway when he went on the hunt for his mate. 

But Mason quickly found himself questioning everything, including his scent as he tried to debate three black shirts against four different colors of jeans. 

After finally choosing, he rushed back downstairs where the entire pack had gathered, including the little ones to wish their future alpha a happy birthday. Mason's father, Alpha Waylon, stood behind a large birthday cake and led the celebration. A rare treat coming from a man who was so busy that Mason only saw him once a month if he was lucky. 

"Aw thank you guys, I just..." Mason started to thank his pack when the scent hit him like a train hitting an innocent deer on the tracks. His wolf had him itching his skin to change but he didn't want to be rude. 

"Go ahead honey," His mother chuckled as she cupped her now sixteen-year-old son's blushed cheeks. 

"Make sure you go easy on him though," She whispers gentle and Mason gulps, never revealing to a single soul in his pack that he was in fact gay. He had no idea as to how his mother knew but he was also so distracted by the intoxicating scent that he couldn't bother analyzing the hows and whys.

Scanning the room, Mason knew the scent wasn't coming from this room which could only mean one of two things. Either his mate is not in this house or his mate is a member of the opposing pack. 

Going out the back porch doors, the pack watched as Mason stripped off his clothes and shifted to his wolf form. The large brown alpha wolf was a majestic sight, with light brown tribal markings embedded in his fur to signify him as the one true future alpha of the Figueroa pack. 

Running through the woods, he followed the trail of his mate's sweet masculine scent of sandalwood. Pausing for a moment at the border between his pack and their rival pack, the Caspians. 

Looking left and right for any guards, he crossed into the forbidden territory. The Caspian Pack were dreadful werewolves holding more wealth in the city of downtown Bridgeport than our pack. Often spitting on Mason and his fellow members like they were beneath the sand between their claws. 

But the scent was only getting stronger with every step he took onto their property, staying concealed by the heavily wooded area, he saw their mansion in the distance and paused. Debating his next move, he scurried as close as he could get before the scent hit smacked him in the face almost like he was walked into a brick wall.

"The guards told me there was a Figueroa on the property, but I didn't believe them until now." 

Mason was frozen in place as the strong masculine voice sent violent shivers down his spine. His Alpha hormones completely out of wack with his newfound mate just inches away. Almost terrified to see who it is, Mason didn't want to see who it was but his wolf was impatient, forcing him to face the man who he would spend the rest of his days with. 

Then instantly wished he didn't. 

Had it been any member of the Caspian pack, Mason wouldn't have much of a problem. Be it some random older ugly ass guard on his post, he would have been overjoyed. 

But instead, he was face to face with the one and only Tristan Caspian. 

The next in line alpha of the Caspian Pack. 

And his worst enemy. 

*****

So I suck at writing in 3rd person but I'm trying to improve it cause like why not? 

Anyway, what a cliff hanger, oh boy. 

For those of you who read The Silent Storm, please please please keep all spoilers to yourselves so others can have a chance to enjoy the emotional rollercoaster like you did.