Twenty-Seven || Racism At Its Finest

~Tristan~

"Um, three coffee's with a shot of espresso please,"

I ask the barista at the hospital's Starbucks and the guy nods with a bright smile. It was late at night at the hospital wasn't as busy as usual so it was just me and a woman writing her novel in the corner. 

"You know usually I wonder what's got all the pretty boys down when they come here. But ever since I started in the hospital, I've learned it's best not to ask." The guy jokes as he pours the coffees into to-go cups and starts to place them into a small cardboard tray.

"I'm sure you've gotten all the horror stories by now," I sigh. I was never good at small talk but it didn't seem like the guy wanted to hurt me. 

"Usually this is the part where I would flirt with you a bit but the Alpha of the Caspian clan is a little much for me," The boy looks back and I started to notice his tribal tattoos. 

"Why can't I smell your scent?" I asked, surprised that I didn't notice the Figuroa when I stepped foot into the coffee chain.

"Well, it would be a damn shame if every werewolf who came into the hospital tried to attack me over some stupid clan shit." He said as he handed me the tray. 

"Do you think my clan would attack you?" I ask and he shrugs. 

"That's what I was raised to think. Honestly, I wish the two packs would just combine into one, it's bad enough my pack is suffering but it seems like our Alpha is dying of some unknown illness these days being so weak and irritable," He speaks about Mason and I smile at just the mention of him. 

"Yeah, he's a real stubborn one," I chuckle lightly and the fellow wolf gives me a pumpkin scone.

"I hope whatever troubles you're going through end swiftly," He says and I go out on my way back up to the hospital room where Noah's papa was currently. 

His mother and father had gotten there just about fifteen minutes ago so I left them alone to comfort Noah. I figured I would occupy my time by grabbing coffee for Noah and his parents since they have such a long journey ahead of them with his papa's recovery.

Taking the elevator back upstairs and stood outside the hospital room for a moment. 

A man and woman I hadn't seen before stood side by side dressed in the finest business attire. They looked like brother and sister and it only makes sense that this must be half of Noah's quadruplet older siblings. 

"What's wrong with him?" His brother asked as he gaped at their father laying silent in the hospital room.

"Rumi and Nova, please sit," Noah's Mother asked of the pair who sat at the same time as if they were twins. 

"Your papa overdosed on his antidepressants earlier this morning. So far he's had two seizures and thrown up a lot but the doctors are hopeful he'll make it out as soon as the medication is out of his body," Their father says and the room falls silent.

Noah looks up and makes direct eye contact with me begging me to come in and console him.  He makes it impossible for me to stay outside the room any longer as I slowly swing open the door and come in. 

"I thought you guys might need it," I offer, holding he coffee out to Noah's parents to get their small smile in return when they take it.

"You're so kind Tristan. It's a shame we're meeting for the first time on su-" 

"Get out...Caspian," A low human growl interrupted Noah's mother as we all turn to see who it came from. But it wasn't hard to tell with Rumi's angry scowl awaiting my confused look.