(Azriel) How/ where you met

You were sick of your parents' screaming matches so you wanted to get away. The library had always been your favorite place so you thought, why not there?

It's was the quiet that drew you into the building, you'd never been to this one before, you'd never even seen it in the area. So of course you just had to see what kind of treasures this one held.

The librarians were very kind, but unfortunately never spoke a single word to you. There was probably good reason so it didn't bother you as they led you to the history section you were looking for; mythology. Gods it had completely fascinated you since you learned to read, and there were so many untouched, dusty tomes. This was heaven, literal heaven.

You hid in the aisles spending your hours scouring the pages instead of at the tables. Now you couldn't really risk face to face interaction now could you?

Absolutely not. People weren't your favorite thing as many who encountered you had gathered over the years.

But somehow, when he came waltzing in it didn't matter to you. You didn't care which was, odd. Maybe it was the fact that he didn't make the effort or bother you, or could it have been the shadows swirling around his entire body?

You minded your own business and he his. A mutual understanding of sorts.

"May I borrow this?" A strikingly beautiful blonde woman asked gesturing to a book you've already inspected throughly. "Sure."

"Thank you."

"No problem." You whispered turning back towards the text.

"I never got your name." She observed.

You internally groaned. "Y/n. Y/n L/n."

"Well it is very nice to meet you."

A few minutes after she returned to her friends you heard a very heated, hushed argument.

"I don't know you ask her!"

"Why do I have to?"

"Because I said so Rhys."

"I'll do it." A soft voice offered before that same mysterious Male from earlier winnowed next to me.

"Hello." He smiled softly, sliding down the wall next to me.

"Hi, am I not supposed to be here or something? Cause I can leave."

"No stay." He blurted. "It's just a bit strange to see new visitors is all, this place is usually glamored to outsiders."

"Well I don't think they're working, cause I just walked in here, the librarians showed me where I asked to go and I've been here."

"You, walked in here?"

I hummed in response, turning back to my book as he disappeared again.

"Gods why are they so on edge? It's just a library." 

And as you went home that night after you were certain your parents had tired, you thought about just how strange they were,

except for the shadowsinger.