Nightmares: Azriel x reader

This is going to be as fluffy and cute as I can possibly make it.

If this was your request I hope you enjoy!

The ground crunched beneath your feet as you sprinted and several pairs of footsteps followed close behind. Your lungs burned from the effort, and you could barely catch your breath.

It was something you had seen many times, so you knew what was going to happen next.

You would trip, cutting your leg so your pursuers could pinpoint your scent. They caught you in seconds, you bit, scratched, screamed, and struggled but their grips on your arms didn't give way.

They stopped just as the edge of the camp cliff and you met with someone you didn't know. The nightmare always followed a strict pattern, but tonight it was straying.

"Who are you?!" You demanded staring at the figure's cold, dead eyes.

His bony, lifeless fingers stroked your cheek. "I don't know if we'll ever meet outside of this mind scape, so let's keep that a mystery unless I can lay my hands on you in the real world."

You shivered jerking away as he tried to kiss you. He gripped your chin and forced you to look at him. "Be an obedient woman for me."

"No way in hell." You growled. "I am a taken woman."

"Do you mean that pathetic shadowsinger? Honestly I don't know what you see in that man."

"You don't even know me, what right do you have to judge my choice of partner."

He frowned, seemingly disappointed. "I thought you would be more grateful to be blessed with my presence."

"Why should I be?" You spat. "You are no God."

"You don't know anything, you're too naive."

"I know that you're a idiot thinking I would leave my mate for a corpse."

His grip tightened on your jaw. "Watch your tongue Y/n."

"I don't have to listen to you, whether or not I do still ends with me being thrown off of this cliff."

He plastered on a sadistic smile. "That's true. If only your death were real."

"Do it already." You ordered harshly.

He seemed bored."Very well."

That same crazed grin returned to his features. "See you tomorrow night Y/n."

His cronies released you, and you stared up at the group with rage as you fell at an alarming rate.

Of course you never felt the impact as this was just a silly nightmare, no a very terrifying one in fact.

Nonetheless it wasn't real, and soon enough you were shaken awake by your beloved mate Azriel.

He held your sweat-soaked body in his steady arms as you more or less trembled like a little girl.

"It's okay. It was just a dream." He spoke calmly. "I'll always be here to protect you Y/n."

You had always prided yourself on keeping up a calm and collected exterior, but tonight was so much different. You cried, actually cried as you buried yourself in his arms, as he wrapped his wings around the both of you.

He stroked you hair and peppered your face with kisses in an effort to ease your fear, saying nothing as you gathered your composure. "Was it the same as usual?" He whispered when you were calm.

"Not entirely." You whispered.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

You nuzzled your head in his neck. "Not yet."

"Okay."

"Thank you for putting up with me."

"I'm not doing it because I feel I have to Y/n. I'm doing it because you've done the same for me."

"I love you Azriel."

"I love you too."