Injured (Cassian x reader)

I hope this makes everyone's weekends a bit better, if this was your request and you would like to be tagged please let me know! Otherwise enjoy everyone. :)

Your mate's voice echoed throughout the expanse of the training field as your hearing and vision phased in and out.

Your magic had gone haywire when you used too much of it all at once and you slammed into a tree a few hundred feet away from where you were originally standing.

Cassian was immediately winnowing in front of you and inspecting you. "Y/n, where does it hurt?" He asked, panicked.

"Everywhere." You groaned.

His hold on you was firm but not to the point where it might hurt you further. When he winnowed you back to Velaris, Madja was already waiting. You figured Rhys sensed his brother's sudden spike of fear and entered Cassian's mind.

Madja worked as quickly as she could to diagnose and treat you accordingly.  Apparently the impact had caused a concussion which was the reason why your vision and hearing went in and out for the majority of the endeavor. Not only that, but you also had some fairly severe bruising, all of which she healed of course.

You still felt a lot of soreness which the healer promised would subside if you took it easy for a few days.

When Cassian came into your shared bedroom after she left, he seemed wracked with worry. "Y/n." He sighed, as you kissed him.

He pulled away after a seconds and scanned your entire body. His eyes held swirls of worry, fear, love, and guilt that you had never seen. He voice was weak and broken as he spoke. "What did Madja say?"

"She said I'll be fine as long as I take it easy. It wasn't serious."

He rested his forehead against yours, stroking your cheeks with his thumbs. "Thank the gods." He sighed.

"I promise that I'm okay Cass."

That sentiment didn't matter to his animal instincts. As for the next several days he equated taking it easy, with not allowing you out of bed and taking care of your every need.

It was fun the first couple days, but after a while it just became annoying. Although you would never tell him that because you knew he couldn't help but to nurse you back to health.

"Cassian I'm fine, this isn't necessary." You would protest.

"Of course it's necessary, you got hurt."

This argument happened several times and it all came to a head on the final day of this treatment.

"Why aren't you letting yourself rest?"

"Because Madja healed me the day it happened!" You blurted in frustration.

He got quiet, the tension became thick in the air, and then his laugh bubbled out into the room. "So, you've just been letting me take care of you even though you were fine?"

"The only reason I wasn't correcting you at first is because I was still very sore and needed to take things slow. I needed a massage, not to be smothered by a giant illyrian mother hen!" You huffed in annoyance. "Plus you looked so damn guilty over the whole thing I didn't have the heart to say no."

His footsteps padded on the hardwood and then you felt his large arms snake around you, engulfing you in a hug. "I would do anything to keep you safe Y/n."

"I know." You whispered.

He kissed the top of your head as you rested against his chest, your eyes closed in contentment. "I love you dummy." You sighed quietly.

"I love you too sweetheart, more than anything."