18

The next morning Oliver met Casey and myself for breakfast at our hotel and then he took us to set where I finally got to meet Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. After that we took a quick tour of the set.

"I've got to get to hair and makeup." Oliver frowned. We were finishing the tour, walking hand-in-hand.

"OK, well Casey and I will find something to do. Give me a call later." I stopped walking.

"No, come with me to hair and makeup." He tugged my hand forcing me to keep walking.

"I can't do that." I shook my head, "They don't want extra people in there."

"It's fine. Plus I don't take as long. I'm not a main character." He stuck his lower lip out.

"Fine." I turned to Casey, "Do you want to come?"

"Nah. I'll meet you back at the room."

"You sure?"

She nodded with a wave and headed the opposite direction as us.

We got to the hair and makeup trailer and Oliver took a seat in front of the mirror. Being a hairdresser and now a makeup artist myself I had to admit it was pretty cool to watch them work on Oliver. As much as I had been on movie sets, hair and makeup wasn't ever really a place I hung out.

"I didn't know it was take your girlfriend to work day." The door to the trailer opened and one of Oliver's friends who was also a stunt guy stepped in grinning at him before turning to me.

"I'm not-" I shook my head. "We haven't talked about that." I mumbled my cheeks flushing red. I wanted to sink into the ground.

Oliver just laughed, "Don't be jealous Eddie."

"He's forcing you to watch him get groomed?" Eddie sat down next to me with an amused grin.

"No." I giggled, "I'm actually enjoying watching the process. I do hair and makeup myself."

"Really?" Tawney, the girl who was currently working on Oliver turned to me, "Shawn's daughter right?"

I nodded.

"He mentioned you did hair. Have you ever thought about working on movie sets?"

"No." I replied honestly, "I enjoy working in the salon, and I do weddings on the side but I grew up on movie sets."

"There's so much more room artistically though on movie sets. You should give it a try. Here come finish up Oliver." She held the makeup sponge out that she was currently using to cover the scar over Oliver's left eye.

"No, I can't." I froze.

"Sure you can. It's like 2 more steps. Come on." She urged.

"Come on Harp." Oliver gave me a lopsided grin.

I debated for a moment before giving in and standing up to take the makeup sponge from Tawney's outstretched hand.

I stood in front of Oliver who had a smirk on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him as I carefully applied more makeup to cover the scar.

"What happened here?" I asked. I could feel his eyes watching me.

"A dog bit me when I was 7."

"Oh." I frowned.

"Nah, it's cool. It left this gnarly scar." He laughed.

"Why are we covering it up? Does the camera get that close to your face?" I continued to apply the makeup.

"In this scene it does. I guess technically we don't have to cover it but I'm gonna have my face all beat up after this scene, so they want me as pretty boy as possible."

I laughed. "That's you, a pretty boy."

He shrugged, "We can't all be blessed."

Eddie groaned, "Come on pretty boy hurry up so I can get my turn please."

"Not with Harper." Oliver met Eddie's eyes through the mirror. "She's mine."

I rolled my eyes with a smile and continued applying makeup to Oliver's face.

The week went by faster than I wanted it to. And before I knew it was our last night there. Oliver had to be on set late the night before we left so we got a late lunch before he had to go. We hadn't labeled what we were yet and I was ok with that. But we had been acting very boyfriend and girlfriend like all week.

"I have something I want to ask you." Oliver said while we were waiting for our check at lunch.

"Are you going to ask me to pay for lunch?" I teased.

"No." He shook his head amused. "What would you say if I asked you not to date anyone else?"

"Oh." I bit down on my lower lip.

"I really like you Harper. And I know I won't be back to Los Angeles for another couple weeks but honestly the thought of you with another guy makes me want to kill him."

I laughed. "You have nothing to worry about."

"No?" His lips curled into a smile.

"As long as you promise not to date anyone else." I raised an eyebrow.

"Never." He winked at me.

The flight back to Los Angeles was quick and Brooks picked Casey and I up.

"Hey!" I yawned greeting Brookes at the gate.

"Hey!" He gave Casey a hug and then me before taking our carry-on bags and hoisting them over his shoulder.

"Are you dating that guy Oliver?" Brooks blurted out as we climbed in his car 15 minutes later.

"Huh?" I asked confused, "Why would you ask that?"

"Cause you were totally making out with him in Casey's insta-story the other night."

"Aww little brother you watch my insta-stories?" Casey reached up and ruffled his hair.

He gave her a dirty look elbowing her off.

"What do you mean I was making out with him in her story?" I turned to Casey who just shrugged. "I don't remember it."

"I mean it wasn't like 10 minutes of obvious making out but it was enough to know it was you."

"If you saw it.....I wonder who else saw it?" I cringed.

Brooks shrugged.

I was only home 5 minutes before my question was answered. Chris pounded on my door.

"What the hell Harper? You're with him now?" He pushed past me as I opened the door.

"What?" I did my best to play dumb. Bad idea.

"Scott showed me Casey's Instagram story. I can't believe you." He seethed.

"Ok first off, I didn't know that Casey even posted that. I mean I didn't know I was in the background. And second....I wouldn't have wanted you to find out that way." I said softly.

"So it's true. What about us? What about me?" His blue eyes clouded over and I had to look away.

"I told Oliver I wouldn't see anyone else." I avoided all eye contact with him.

"That's bullshit Harper. You know you don't feel for him what you do for me. Why are you doing this? Why are you choosing him?"

I finally looked up my heart breaking at the hurt that was all over Chris's face.

I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything.

"This is bullshit and you know it." He said one last time before pushing past me again, this time out the door.