34

After a quick flight back to Los Angeles Sunday afternoon we stopped by my place long enough for me to unpack my bags and grab some clean clothes to stay at Chris's for the night and then we went to his place.
"Are you sure you want to spend the night?" He asked as we walked into his house.
"Yeah. I'll be back home tomorrow. You'll be back to a hotel in Atlanta. You deserve to spend the night in your own bed." I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist resting my head on his back.
"Can't believe this weeks over already." He sighed.
A wave of sadness washed over me.
"Well we better take advantage of every moment we have left together." I smiled.
"I like the sound of that." He turned around to face me.

A few hours later I glanced at the numbers glowing on the clock that sat on the bedside table. 11:35. I couldn't fall asleep. One thing I had learned about Chris was that after sex he would get so relaxed he would usually end up falling asleep if he could. He had dozed off over an hour ago. I had tried to but no matter what I did I just couldn't fall asleep. I turned on my side to face him. Sound asleep lying on his stomach he had one arm under the pillow the other draped over my waist. His mouth slightly parted as he breathed in and out soundly. Wow I loved him so much. The realization never ceased to amaze me. Probably because it had taken me so long to admit it to myself. But now I couldn't imagine not being with him. Funny how things can change so quickly. And after spending an entire week together and meeting each other's families the last thing I wanted was for him to leave me the next day.
I took my fingers and slipped them under the covers. Gently I scratched Chris's stomach. He stirred a little so I waited a moment and then did it again.
"You're insatiable." He mumbled with a grin.
"I can't sleep." I whispered.
"Come here." He pulled me against him brushing his lips across my temple. "What's wrong?" His voice was thick with sleep and his beard tickled my ear.
"I don't want you to leave tomorrow." I admitted sadly.
His arms tightened around me and he kissed my neck right behind my ear. "I wouldn't go if I didn't have to."
"Maybe it'll snow." I suggested with false hope.
Chris chuckled. "In Los Angeles?"
"One can hope."
"I'm going to miss you so much." He murmured as he turned on his back pulling me towards him. "But I'll be back in 3 weeks."
"That's pretty much the entire Christmas season. Our first Christmas." I tried not to pout.
"You're adorable. I will be back December 21st and then we will spend every moment together until you get sick of me and tell me to leave."
"That will never happen." I reached up running my fingers through his hair and then down his neck. He shivered under my touch and I trailed my fingertip along his jaw and to his lips. He gently kissed my fingertip before taking it in his mouth and biting down softly.
"Hey." I frowned. In one swift move he was up hovering over me. Placing one hand next to my shoulder he balanced his weight and with his other hand jerked his shorts down. Then he slipped his hand under the elastic of my sweat pants and pushed them down.
"Little help?" He asked.
I giggled but kicked them down.
"Hey I love you, you know that right?" He paused.
"I do. I love you too."
"Say it again." He bent his head down so his mouth was at my ear.
"I love you." I repeated.
I could feel him smile against my cheek as he pushed into me. I groaned a little as he slowly slid in and out.
"Chris." I whined. My hands wrapped around his biceps and I dug my fingernails into them sure to leave a mark.
"I want you to remember how I feel inside you." He stopped moving.
I slid my hands down his back, wrapping my legs tightly around his waist I dug my heels into him pushing him further into me. "Faster." I begged.
"Insatiable." He grinned.

Saying goodbye to Chris the next morning wasn't easy. I knew it wouldn't be but I didn't think I'd be crying the whole way home from the airport. What was wrong with me?! After work I drove to Casey's.
"How was thanksgiving?" Casey offered me a beer which I declined opting for a coke instead.
"It was good. Chris's family is amazing. How was yours?"
"Good. Busy. Having it here was insane." She sat down at the breakfast bar next to me. "When's Chris come back?"
"21st." I took a sip of my drink.

"You spending Christmas together?" She asked as she poured herself a glass of wine.

"I don't know honestly. He's coming here. I just assumed we'd be here for Christmas. Guess that's probably not the case."

"Ask him. I cannot wait to go skiing. I'm ready for 5 days at the cabin."

Every year after Christmas we go to Big Bear Mountain for a few days of skiing and snowboarding. I look forward to it every year.

"I'm excited Chris will be coming." My eyes lit up.

"Guess it'll just be the 4 of us this year." Casey shrugged.

"That's ok. At least it's not just me, you and Joe." I laughed.

"True."

My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I eagerly pulled it out. It was Chris. My heart flip flopped, "Hey baby."

"Hey gorgeous. What are you doing?"

"Hanging out with Casey. What about you?"

"About to eat some dinner and go to bed."

I frowned before remembering it was almost 11:00 to him even though it was only going on 8 in Los Angeles.

"Oh yeah. Ok well get some rest."

"Won't be the same without you."

I frowned. "I know. I hate it already."

"Couple weeks babe, couple weeks."

"Speaking of." I looked at Casey, "About Christmas. I know you'll be here on the 21st and we leave for Big Bear on the 26. Are you going to Boston for Christmas?"

"Actually....they're going to fly out to Los Angeles this year. It won't be the same as Boston but I didn't want to ask you to spend the holidays away from your family. And I didn't want to miss spending it with mine. I thought this would be the best of both worlds?"

"Really? That will be amazing."

"Good. I don't want to spend any time apart from you." He lowered his voice. "This is torture enough."

"Look at us being all co-dependent." I teased.

"Who would have ever thought? A month ago I wasn't sure we'd ever get to this point."

"I'm glad we did." I said softly.

"Glad I finally won you over." He grinned.

"Me too."

I heard some shuffling, "Hang on." Chris said into the phone. A moment later he was back, "My food is here. I gotta go. I will call you before I go to bed."

"Ok baby. I love you."

"Love you more. Bye babe."

"Bye." I hung up the phone with a frown.

"Why are you frowning?" Casey looked over at me.

"Cause I don't want to wait 20 days to see him."

Casey started grinning.

"What?" I scowled.

"Just look at you."

"What?" I asked again.

"I've never seen you like this over a guy. It's cute. You really got it bad."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."

Casey laughed.

"You're the one who has to put up with me for the next 20 days." I pointed out.

"I'll need more of this then." She teased grabbing the wine she refilled her glass.